Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 04-02-2001, 07:21 AM   #1
MoMo
Founding Member

Default Re: Carmichael Gets Ninth Win

first post

go ricky
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2001, 07:38 AM   #2
gizmop
Founding Member

That little Keebler Elf can ride!!

He's doing one damn fine job, I hope he wins the SX title.
gizmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 08:31 AM   #3
RacinJason
Founding Member

Wow, we finally have another Motocross athlete with the right combination.

1) Natural talent (there are lots of guys on the circuit with this)

2) Support (again, there are lots of great teams)

3) Drive (this is where the field seems to start to narrow)

4) Willingness to train (do not confuse with willingness to party)

Ricky has game.
RacinJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 11:09 AM   #4
Zionist
Founding Member

Carmichael's "250" sounds way to beefy. I wouldn't be suprised if he is running a 74mm piston.
Zionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 11:26 AM   #5
RacinJason
Founding Member

Yah, your right, He would probably risk giving up the championship for negligable power advantage.

Are you serious?????
Old 04-02-2001, 02:41 PM   #6
Zionist
Founding Member

Negligable horsepower advantage? Measured at the rear wheel a good 250 done by PC or Eric Gorr will put out around 48 horsepower. A 310 done right will put out close to 60 horsepower. That's 20% more buttmunch, just enough to get a holeshot. I am serious as a heart attack.
Old 04-03-2001, 03:46 AM   #7
hindle
Founding Member

To me the only diff between this year and RC in years past is consistancy. He has always been a rocket ship. The trick though, as it seems he has figured out in SX this year, is to go fast consistantly.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 05:46 AM   #8
RacinJason
Founding Member

So here is my question to you.

Do you really think that Ricky, and Kawasaki for that matter, would risk their reputation and the championship? Looks like you are the buttmunch. You obviously know more about bikes than people if you think that Ricky would cheat. I do not doubt that you are serious.
Old 04-03-2001, 05:32 PM   #9
Zionist
Founding Member

When was the last time you heard the AMA tearing down an engine or measuring frame geometry?. A friend at Wiseco confirms my claim. They sell a of big pistons to pro teams. Wake up and wipe the boogers out of your eye.
Old 04-04-2001, 06:49 AM   #10
hindle
Founding Member

First of all the AMA does do teardowns. Maybe not in SX but I know for a fact they do in RoadRacing. Remember the Pridmore issue a few years ago. They gave him and his team crap for using a special winscreen and front fairing. I dont' know if it was more aerodynamic or if it gave him better wind protection. Point is the AMA was on his ass and he was winning and dominating most everything in sight in the 750 supersport class at the time. WERA also does dyno tests to avoid the time consuming process of a tear down. If you exceed the HP limit for the class you are out. The AMA can do the same damn thing.

Even if the AMA isn't doing teardowns after every race you can bet your ass that if another rider had protested and shared the same opinion as you they would indeed pop off the head and cylinder of the Kawai and inspect that engine.

Why don't you give the kid the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise. Let's not forget that the kid has always been one of the fastest guys out there. He has won from the front with a holeshot. He has come from mid pack to catch everyone including the king and win. He has also gone bar to bar with the king.

He has always been fast it was just a matter of time before he found the consistancy necessary to be successful. You should be happy for him.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote