Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #171
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: When to Use Rear Brake Only?

Well, he is in his own little universe.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #172
ksquid
Banned

I use the drag method sometimes. Don't know what you mean by "I know the front can apply more force than gravity can handle,"
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #173
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: kcoder

When working in the lab both CS and EE kiddos would ask me why the compiler was 'broken'.

My degree is in history with a minor in philosophy. It wouldn't have taken much to be at the top of those classes.

He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #174
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Stainless lines and RD350's

Did you buy the bike?
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Old 04-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #175
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Stainless lines and RD350's

Nevermind, hadn't gotten down to the follow-up yet. Too bad.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #176
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Perfect post on true emergency situation on a sportbike. If you aren't doing a full stoppie, meaning you might have enough space to stop the bike without putting the rear wheel in the air, you might think that you should start with both brakes. However, the only times I've done this in panic situations I have slid the rear tire unnecessarily.

You get 0% braking off the rear tire if you're in a true panic situation as Buz said, so why start adding possibilities of sliding the rear?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #177
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Braking 101.

You mean yesterday?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #178
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Farewell MO!

If you stop answering him I will.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #179
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Re: ABS

I think "in controlled conditions" is a key. Out there in the real world I suspect it's pretty hard for most mortals to threashold brake effectively when the semi doing 20 mph less than you suddenly cuts you off and there's no where to go. If I ever do get a new bike, ABS will be one of my criteria. We have to ride in the rain a LOT here in S. FL, especially in the summer.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #180
boru4761
Registered Member

Default Re: Ok. Good tip.

Ya think so?

I dont think so. I am sure it was brought to him by the Oracle at Delphi, or the great Oz or 1-800-PSYCHIC or anyone but that GMP charlatan.

I suppose I should rephase...

How is it that you came upon this site? Are you affiliated with them? or did you just stumble on it when searching for riding tips yourself?
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote