Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 04-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #151
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: I'll end it.

Jeez, you fish and troll so much I'm going to call you Mrs. Paul from now on.

But what the hell - since backyard swimming pools kill 90 times as many kids as ALL guns do, I guess you favor banning those, too?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2007, 09:59 PM   #152
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: I'll end it.

good night kzuki you're a good man.. 99% of what I say is BS.. Can't wait to read the new shoot out Buz is talking about ..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #153
Spudly Guy
Registered Member

Default Re: When to Use Rear Brake Only?

It's been said twenty times already but at slower speeds using a bit of rear brake in a tight turn will help calm down the bike's chassis and shocks from "jacking up" unexpectedly mid turn, and running past an apex. (and possibly continuing from there off the road into the trees) ...with rear brakes it definately helps to tighten up the line and let you carve through a corner much better than if you tried to muscle the bike through by simply coasting through the turn, or if you had just used the front brake.
Spudly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 PM   #154
Flickmeister
Registered Member

If you've hung in there for 30+ years, you've obviously done a lot of things right no matter what anyone says. Motorcycle riding isn't necessarily black or white. There are all kinds of shades of grey. Once you have exposed yourself to as many options and techniques as possible, you can then determine what works best for you. Somebody else's right or wrong doesn't mean squat. Taking the time to decide which techniques work best for you and practicing them till they are instinctive and reactive are the keys to motorcycle survival on the street. But it sounds to me like you've already got that figured out.
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #155
TheFox
Founding Member

Default RD350's

I would, but it was sold already. I keep missing out on the good RD's. Maybe next time.

I yearn for a white open face helmet, clear motocross goggles and black leather jacket in the Loop at lunchtime, just to show off. The funny part is that I'm sure no one other than myself will be impressed. Ha!

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #156
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Having walked past Physics class many times, I can tell with complete confidence that braking is highly overrated. Everything stops sooner or later. Even choppers.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:55 AM   #157
Flickmeister
Registered Member

The best way to make a tight U-turn is to do five things correctly at once: 1) Hang off the outside of the motorcycle. 2) Look as far as you can in the direction of the turn, completely over your shoulder if you can. 3) Hold a constant throtttle. 4) Keep the revs up by slipping the clutch. 5) Use only your rear brake to change speed while keeping the revs up and constant while slipping the clutch with a consistent amount of slippage. Be careful not to overrev the engine and let the clutch out too fast. You won't like the surprise in store for you.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:58 AM   #158
Flickmeister
Registered Member

The point to my previous post above is that it is the gyroscopic turning of the engine that creats the balance and stability to make a tight U-turn. That's why you have to keep the revs up by slipping the clutch.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:58 AM   #159
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Wrong

John Wayne toilet paper at work? Sounds pretty camp. What is your "position"?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:34 AM   #160
anrajala
Founding Member

I liked the article #221. Especially the part where volts were equalled with torq. As you might know, in Europe we have 220 volts WHICH MEANS OUR HOUSES KICK AZZ HA HAA TAKE THAT YOU GRINGO BUZZARDS

Ok so its been a long laborous week.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote