Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Crusty MO (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/crusty-mo/)
-   -   Motorcycle Accident Caught on Video By Helmet Cam (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/crusty-mo/4257-motorcycle-accident-caught-video-helmet-cam.html)

The_AirHawk 01-27-2007 05:22 PM

Re: One more thing.. Interesting answers to questions.

Dude, you are such a Stalker.......

[b];^D

gbrummett 01-27-2007 05:53 PM

I saw this a long time ago...

I saw this video a long time ago.

If I remeber right and she had just bought a new R1 and helmet cam.

The jerk in the car was on drugs and slamed on the brakes then later tried to claim the bike ran into the car.

That statement didn't hold up later in court of course after veiwing the video.

mitctho 01-27-2007 10:24 PM

Re: Motorcycle Accident Caught on Video By Helmet Cam

Don't move and don't remove the helmet.

fumanchu 01-28-2007 06:14 AM

this talk about ms. champion's leathers brings up a question for me - because i'm looking to upgrade my curent body gear (jeans, harley boots, armoured jacket) to something that will better protect me as i begin to drive on the german autobahn progressively more.

proper protective boots are on my shopping list, but i am torn over body armor. what works best, and is there any overlap with what's practical and works well in everyday use (ease of suiting up, acceptability of showing up at the hospital every day in said getup, etc)?

leathers might protect valentino rossi in 200mph wipeouts, but pouring myself in and out of such a getup every time i want to make a run around town isn't exactly practical. especially when i have to be in the operating room for six hours afterward, smelling of man stink and blaming the constrictive gear for my conan-esque aroma. is there anything to be done about it? i pray crom will give me an answer.

The_AirHawk 01-28-2007 06:51 AM

Tell us what kind of Crash you plan on having, we can then recommend the proper gear.......

longride 01-28-2007 06:54 AM

I'd say if he is really planning on dressing for the crash, wrap yourself in a couple of tons of steel, four wheels, seat belts, and air bags. It beats the hell out of a helmet and leathers every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

fumanchu 01-28-2007 07:18 AM

i would probably aim for a matrix-style, leaping swan dive over the fairing, double sommersault maneuver; landing safely on one foot, with the other outstretched towards the car that hit me in a defiant "i kung foo kick yo a$$" sort of statement. but all i need is a french-cut black leather trench coat and some combat boots for that sort of thing. i'm wondering about the unforseeable.

seruzawa 01-28-2007 07:58 AM

Accessorize!

A pair of stainless steel MAC-10s with parkerized trim pieces will set off your ensemble nicely.

DerkT 01-28-2007 08:10 AM

Aerostitch Roadcrafter one-piece riding suit. Google it for more info or go to www.aerostitch.com.

My wife and I have had ours since '98. (mine is the one-piece and hers is the two-piece) We have a combined total of over 150,000 miles with them. Best commuting/touring gear you can buy.

derrick

Fenton 01-28-2007 08:13 AM

I'd go with the Roadcrafter 1 pc. from aerostich. If you shower at the hospital, you won't stink up the liner. It's easily washable too.