Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 07-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #21
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: New Motocross Rag to Debut

Yeah, same thing happened to my Pursang. Sold it to some coke freek in Silverlake who put straight gas in it and seized it solid. The worst thing is it sat outside for about 5 years in the guy's front yard, and I'd see it every morning on my way to work, rusting.

Was trick, VR370 leading axle forks, Gas Curnutts.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2006, 08:40 AM   #22
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

When I was messcooking the messcook compartment was all the way aft on the port side messdeck, with the MAA shack right across the passageway. I remember that fat b@stard. Use to part my hair on the side real quick like when he was on the brow.

Once we were all smoking the evil stuff in the messcook compartment and those two bozos came running through the dark compartment and we all scattered like roaches. Called them "Tweedledum & Tweedledee". Never did catch us.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:03 AM   #23
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Just aint the same JB. They need a little irreverence to spice things up. I don't know if they've moved on with the tounge 'n cheek department or what. Everyone is so nice anymore, and all the bikes are so damn good. Maybe I've lost interest because of it.

If they could just roast someone/something every once and a while my cruel side would be satiated.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:24 AM   #24
johnnyb
Founding Member

Yeah, it seems like all bike mags now are outlets for the marketing people at the big OEMs. I seem to be reading the same story in about 8 different places now, as told by 8 different authors. Maybe it was always that way and i was so young and enthused i liked it. As long as Kev Cameron keeps cranking stuff out there is still hope I guess.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #25
sarnali
Founding Member

Yeah, tweedle dee and tweedle dum that's right. That little short one used to part his hair in the middle and ask us if we could score for him. Guess he didn't realize that we had to walk past the MAA shack to get to B div berthing and saw his dumb ass in there everyday.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

You'd think that one publication could at least mention the BMW exploding hubs.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #27
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Same story, 8 places

I had to check authors on the M109R articles. "Texas hill country" review was damn near word for word everywhere.

Somebody commit to something, it sucks/it doesn't, something.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #28
sarnali
Founding Member

BMW's are superior motorcycles and are built using highly skilled workers from the lightest, strongest and most up-to-date materials. The technical superiority of there designs eliminate the possibility of the alleged failures you speak of.

You are a malcontent.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #29
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Same story, 8 places

I'm sure it is a nice bike, just like all the other ones. Just that now OEMs have learned it is cheaper and more effective to throw a press launch than take out a 3 or 4 page ad. And all the publications know if they don't play along, they won't get the invite next time. Also, if they turn down the invite they miss out on the SCOOP of the new bike, which nobody winds up getting anyway...

Dunno, it is a vicious circle. Unethical, of course, and yet unethical is the modern way. Sure i like to see the new bikes every year, but seems to be a distinct lack of old-fashioned hands-on something or other.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #30
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Same story, 8 places

That's why we have MO.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote