Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 07-07-2006, 05:57 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: New Motocross Rag to Debut

Remember that one MAA that had the huge spare tire? he was in his 30's and still a 2nd class, he always had a boner for snipes so he'd lurk around by our compartment on the 2nd deck and you could hear him on the other side of the wall sniffing. One time I bought a pack of Gitannes and was smoking them and he come flying in there with that little short pr*ck MAA and thought he had us that time...
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2006, 05:58 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

My experiences are more along the lines of "running down the back alleys of Hong Kong to escape opiumdealers/muggers".

Although watching the odd drunk take a flying leap teeth first into a brass turnbuckle did provide the occasional comic relief.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:05 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

We had one genius CID guy who was trying to find the potheads in our gunboat division by pretending to be a Gunner's Mate (though he couldn't field strip a .50cal) and standing on the boat house walkway and string into people's eyes as they climbed aboard the boats every evening.

Then he started especially watching people who wore sunglasses! In Vietnam! In the summer! Makes one suspect that the IQ requirement for CID was a max of 85.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:14 AM   #14
sarnali
Founding Member

Pursangs are beautiful bikes, I prefer the earlier red and silver to the JPR Blue ones myself though. My dad Enduro'd a twin pipe 250 CZ then later a 250 Matador until I got my license, then we turned the Matador into a Cafe' Racer with clip-ons and Conti tires, I used to carry a baby bottle full of Blendzall measured for 3 gals. in my coat pocket for fill ups.

He bought a '76 380 radial fin CZ and I had my 360 MX for racing till I got out then he gave me the 380. I rode it off and on for a couple of years then sold it to some nit-wit who seized it within about a month. Wish I still had it, it was a sad end to a really fast bike.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:15 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

CW was pretty good when Girdler helmed it. After that it just became an industry lovefest like Motor Trend. Too bad. It was pretty cutting edge back in the day too with Jennings The only other reason to read it was Peter Eagan.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:19 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

85 and they'd make 'em an Officer..One nice thing about the bigger ships is there's usually an equal amount of idiots on both sides of the UCMJ so if you had even half a brain you could stay out of their way and watch the fun
Old 07-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #17
sarnali
Founding Member

Yeah, they used to be a lot better, specialy when they had to compete with Cycle and Cycle Guide, now it seems like they just outlasted the competittion as "the mainstream choice"

I still enjoy Rider with Mark Tuttle and Clement Salvadori et-al..they seem to have a more-motorcycles are fun- real world perspective that I like over the flash and glitz from the other publications. My favorite is Classic Bike though, even at $9.00 a pop it's worth it
Old 07-07-2006, 06:58 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

The guy you most want alongside you in a firefight is the guy who is often on the "wrong" side of the UCMJ. Sad, but true.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:04 AM   #19
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I was reading Peter Eagan the other day and almost dozed off..
Old 07-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #20
johnnyb
Founding Member

Well, please don't bag on Motorcyclist I am close to all those guys so... Nothing's more fun for me to read than their adventures at Barber Motorsports park and how much fun they are having on free bikes. Or when they go to the Alps, that is great reading too.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote