Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 02-26-2001, 09:43 AM   #1
Spectre
Founding Member

Default Re: Supercross Racers pay Tribute to Earnhardt

All honor to the man; though he wasn't a motorcyclist, he was a racer...
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2001, 10:17 AM   #2
asscheeze
Founding Member

I'm hoping this was just a personal tribute, because no one in the auto world did anything as a tribute to the late Joey Dunlop.

Personally, I'm as sick of the coverage of the crash as I was of the OJ crap.

Move on...
asscheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 10:31 AM   #3
Daniel_Gerous
Founding Member

You picked the right nickname....

Maybe it just shows that motorcyclists have more class.

If you don't like the coverage, don't watch. Nobody made you watch all the O.J. crap, either. I didn't watch any of the O.J. circus.
Daniel_Gerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 02:40 PM   #4
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: Is this total flamebait

That hillbilly hero:

earned roughly $28 million a year;

had more fans than you;

got to drive cars at 190+ miles per hour;

won 7 championships;

has you typing about him;

not bad for a redneck

RIP - DE
hdpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 02:48 PM   #5
Holleywood
Founding Member

Default Hey, Loser boy/fz wannabe/ white trash

It is your uneducated moronic kind that gives humankind, not just motorcyclists a bad name. How many people has dale earnhardt killed? 0. Last time I checked, you claim to be a motorcyclist. i guess you deserve to die as well, because you're doing comething "dangerous." I'm not an Earnhardt fan, but there's no denying one simple fact: He touched a lot of lives just by driving a car. Oh, yeah, by the way, did you know that NASCAR generates more revenue and sells more tickets than any other sport in America, including baseball, football, and basketball? Guess that means that there's more rednecks than you thought. Oh, yeah. I'm college educated, so don't diccount me as one of YOUR kind.
Holleywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 03:03 PM   #6
Wolvie
Founding Member

As a huge NASCAR fan, I was miserable that Sunday when Dale bought it on the last turn.

I think it is a classy gesture on the part of Jeremy McGrath & Ezra Lusk to pay a little tribute to one of the greatest racers who ever lived. I salute them.

To those who have nothing nice to say about this man (or this sport for that matter)...I really feel sorry for you. Maybe, fortune will shine on you for just a brief period so you can accomplish just one of the many things Dale did.

Then again, maybe you'll just anonymously post nasty comments, filled with racist &/or hateful words, under an assumed screen name, in a virtual forum that exists only as a few bits of magnetism in a box somewhere. Yeah, I guess you could consider that an accomplishment of sorts.

Wolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 04:11 PM   #7
huskerdu
Founding Member

I personally think the tributes and coverage have gone a little over the top but by all accounts, he was a very decent and generous guy so if folks are going to go over the op on someone, it might as well be him.

I've heard numerous stories of his personal philanthropy that he did on the condition that it remain unreported. Apparently he spent a lot of money helping farmer recover from disasters, met a woman in a restaurant that was bald from cancer so he returned the next day with a collection of hats he'd bought for her etc etc.

Not bad stuff for a "hillbilly" and a "redneck" I'd say
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 04:13 PM   #8
huskerdu
Founding Member

Yeah... there's some typos in there. Saving some ******* the trouble of discrediting the entire post based on some mis-typed words.
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 05:50 PM   #9
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Oh you were finished? Well allow me to retort....

Your name is 01FZ1. You post to a motorcyclist message board. If you do not ride that makes you a

poser (po*ser) 1. one who masquerades as someone they are not, or possessing qualities they do not. 2. Jerks with low I.Q.'s that can do nothing but disparage hardworking folk who go to church, pay their taxes, and watch stock car racing, all the while living off of government cheese funded by said "rednecks."

Snide, disrespectful posthumous comments about a hero in racing and decent human being will engender your just deserves as well.

Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 06:23 PM   #10
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default The Intimidator

I am not a big NASCAR guy, but Dale was my reason for watching. God bless his family.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote