Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 02-27-2001, 04:13 AM   #21
Supergome
Founding Member

Default Re: Supercross Racers pay Tribute to Earnhardt

Am I the only person who thinks watching guys drive around in a big circle is BORING?

It seems to me that the only reason people watch NASCAR is for the crashes, and in that light, Earnhardt was still a great driver considering how many crashes he caused. Still, it's sad he's dead, especially if there is safety equipment available that might have kept him alive.
Supergome is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2001, 04:16 AM   #22
Wolvie
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh you were finished? Well allow me to retort....

"I am still not sure why people assume that I have a low I.Q."

How can you leave yourself open with a comment like this? Unfortunately, I can't resist taking a free shot...

If people keep thinking that you have a low I.Q., do you think it could possibly be as a result of the manner in which you express yourself? I mean, If people keep thinking that I'm on fire, I would check and see if that warm feeling was not just the result of all the love out there.

"I assure you that I am a good deal more intelligent than you think. Those people who live "off of government cheese" usually don't pay any taxes. Perhaps they wouldn't have to depend on other citizens tax money if they'd quit watching NASCAR and tried to better themselves somehow."

Um...if you read Abe's original post to you, you would see that he was stating that hard working people who watch NASCAR paid taxes that were used to support other posers that received the government cheese. In other words, your comment about them "watching NASCAR" has no impact on the original point made. Unless you really did understand Abe's original point & failed to express your retort correctly...which brings us back to the first point of this reply...

As far as the reference of D.E. to a drug dealer that works at McDonalds...well, that isn't even worthy of a reply.
Wolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 04:19 AM   #23
elitegroup
Founding Member

.......And when you pass away we all shall remember you the exact same way...............
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 04:34 AM   #24
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Well, gee, thanks for clearing that up.

Are you mentally disabled?
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 04:35 AM   #25
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Why thank you sir!

I'll do my best to keep 'em coming!
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 04:37 AM   #26
Wolvie
Founding Member

"Am I the only person who thinks watching guys drive around in a big circle is BORING?"

Probably not.

Though I know of a few people that think trying to hit a round ball with a round bat is boring.

Not to mention running back and forth across a wood floor to try and throw a ball in a basket...

Or how about knocking a bunch of wood pins with a ball...

Should we talk about beating a small ball away with a stick, only to walk up to it so you can beat it away again until it goes in a little hole?

The point is that some of us do like the sport and this really isn't about what you like. This is about honoring the memory of a man whose talent is undeniable and whose exploits will be historical.

The utter lack of respect and class on this board is amazing. People here will say just about anything to try and get a rise out of the others here. This blatant and infantile attempt at getting attention is all too common here. However, the more I think about it, the more I believe that D.E. is probably getting a big laugh out of it. Since he had no tolerance for talent-less wannabeÂ’s (a.k.a.: Squids), knowing that he can still tick them off even after his death must make him laugh!

Oh well, you did make a good point. It is sad that he is dead. I will miss watching him race.

Wolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 04:52 AM   #27
elitegroup
Founding Member

Nascar racing or Motorcycle racing, Offshore boats to flat bottom drags racing is racing and we as motorcycle riders should be able to pay our respects without malice. I see comments in the usual form lacking intellect and any sympathy whats so ever. I really feel that the people who choose to say the nasty things they do about anyone or any given subject should be banned from this site! I will admit outright that I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but by no means does that give me the right to ridicule or insult one of the sports best competitors. I honestly couldn't name all the racers on the starting grid of the Daytona 500, but I know the name Dale Earnhardt. At this point in my response I really would like to express my deepest condolences to the Earnhardt family and let them know Dale will be remembered forever. Racing is racing and I'm sure with time most of the people around the world that have had bad things to say about this subject will soon regret the things they have said out of spontaneity.
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 06:47 AM   #28
greatoldbikes
Founding Member

Default Let's divide and die.

How unfortunate that a simple article about some highly skilled riders paying tribute to a late racer in another sport can dredge up the swill I've read so far. So NASCAR drivers and fans are inbred Hillbillies. And just what do you think most people think you are when they see you slicing through traffic on your crotch rocket, or setting off car alarms with your pounding cruiser exhaust, or, on a basic level, just riding a motorcycle? They think you're an unintelligent, uneducated, rude, dangerous . This is called "stereotyping", folks.

I don't think anyone writing in this column can claim to know the mind of Dale E. and his family or his fans. Maybe he loved Mozart. Maybe he studied astrophysics in his spare time. Maybe he was Mr. Romance with his wife, instead of the Initimidator.

If those in power could exercise their true desires, what a lonely and boring world this would be. There would be no motorcycling, car racing or dangerous activities. We would be relegated to minivans, mandated throttle controls, and censorship. There's a word for what what kind of society you get when stereotyping finds its way to the corridors of power: facism. Remember that Hitler guy? He had some ideas about what a perfect person was, and by his standards, not very many people met the ideal, and as such were "disposable." And he did a lot of disposing.

My point being that the racial and stereotypical labeling is reaching a critical point in this country. Everyone is either a hillbilly, white supremist, hippie, bible thumper, abortion clinic bomber, slacker, Liberal, and on and on and on. Bad things are coming. Too bad we just can't be People That Ride Motorcycles or People That Like Nascar Racing. Such small differences

I'm about ready to move out of this country before the bad economic times and pent-up hatreds combine to send The American Way to the dark corridors of history. Think it can't happen? Just ask a Communist.

greatoldbikes@aol.com
Old 02-27-2001, 06:57 AM   #29
redvtr
Founding Member

You're a ****.
redvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 07:03 AM   #30
Team_FAST
Founding Member

Who is Dale Earnhardt and why are we paying tribute to him?

Team_FAST is offline   Reply With Quote