Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 03-05-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Curse No. 26

Well done as usual Mr mscuddy, it's not over until WE say it is. Fight the good fight!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

FIRST POST!!! AGAIN!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Thank you sir, thank you. If you want even more poop on what happened right before the cursed event (with pictures and everything) see this month's off-road.com, hit the dirtbike section & scroll down some.

What are you riding now? We should go for a putt sometime...just not to Adelanto.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #4
boru4761
Registered Member

I must say, Good Show and all that. A nicely written piece. Reminds me of my misadventures in campaigning a Spitfire in Solo II.

It is good to see that you were not just bluffing about dueling CL350s. I, on the other hand, do not have any spare CLK350s taking up space in my backyard. So, we will have to go with your original proposal and ignore my hyperbolic 'upping of the ante.'

boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

It's great to see you have your own spot on off-road.com.

I love older bikes. Problem is; I am a complete train wreck when it comes to a wrench. And it seems combining the two is a rather hideous idea.

Good luck next year in the hopes that you can avoid the art of Gonzo journalism in which the story is about missing the story

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #6
crevans
Founding Member

Ya know... if you'd ridden the bike there instead of trailering it, you could've lanesplit and maybe made the race...

Just something to think about.
crevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #7
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Still on the Rex, I agree a ride again sometime sounds like fun, next time I'm in SoCal we should.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #8
sarnali
Founding Member

That the same Jody guy that was just starting out when you used to read my MXA's in the compartment? I didn't like him then either......

Props to you for still racing, a Toyota induced knee injury in '81 has kept me off dirt bikes, I even had to sell my dads 380 CZ a couple of years ago. A dozen miles of trail riding on that and my knee would look like a melon followed by a few weeks of eating Ibu's like popcorn...
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

See what you get for not going to the gym?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:15 AM   #10
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

When I was stuck in traffic I was thinking about about just that. Un-load the bike and ride the last 35 miles to the race.

But by the time I'd have gotten to Adelanto the tank would have been about half-full (vs. half empty) so I just sat in the truck fuming and cursing.

Some kids in a minivan next to me were getting a big kick out of me pounding my fists on the steering wheel every 20 minutes or so.

Like little monkeys...