Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   Crusty MO (
-   -   WHAT IS DEALER-O? (

Fenton 08-30-2005 05:01 PM

Just wanted to say, nice web site. I'll be watching for the new VFR. September 7?

theDuke 08-30-2005 07:29 PM

Re: Monroni Sticker for bikes
I know that they aren't required by law for bikes as they are for cars (or at least not in the states in which I've lived), but I do appreciate dealers who put price stickers and labels on bikes in their showrooms. I think it makes the salespeople look really stupid when they don't know the answer to what should be a really simple question like this.

Personally, with one exception I've always bought bikes used or new as non-current (aka heavily discounted) models. I remember buying a new NT650 Hawk GT brand new but three model years old for $2,500 out the door and selling it a few years and 12k miles later for $2,800. Sweet. I wonder how many offers the dealer turned away in those three years trying to get a markup? By the time I got there he just wanted to clear the dust-covered bikes out of his warehouse.

FOG-Racing 08-31-2005 01:45 AM

" will only use our full line $75 per hr mechanics "

I call BS! You bill that rate, but lets see a paycheck posted up by one of these mechanics, no way you are paying them $75 an hour.

typical stealership BS, IMHO

macmanjim 08-31-2005 02:06 AM

Re: A quick search on Cycletrader....
What if you only have one dealer for a particular brand and they suck? All they know is list price. Look after your wallet first.

longride 08-31-2005 02:18 AM

The only reason we can't lump you in with those 'evil' Harley-Davidson dealers that charge thousands over MSRP, is that Honda doesn't have a product that you can even sell for MSRP, much less thousands over. Believe me, if they did, we could lump you in easily.

HRCUSA 08-31-2005 08:12 AM

Thanks for nice words. Let's Hope Honda is about to unveil that all new VFR eh? Your right, Sept. 7th is the day. You will probably see internet stuff popping up then or the next day. I know if your a HRCA member you can go on to Honda's website at 9:00 pst for the details. Ciao.

HRCUSA 08-31-2005 08:16 AM

I did not say that is what my sales dept has to pay. Only that is what consumers pay our service dept. technicians hourly flat rate. Actual cost to the sales dept is a real aprox $30 per hr flat rate. My point was would you rather have a 25+ year veteran put your bike together or some kid they just took off the lot washing bikes? Seems you have a bad taste in your mouth due to your local dealers. I hope you someday get to sample a good one.

HRCUSA 08-31-2005 08:20 AM

We actually have about 12 models each year that do get MSRP. My point was that HarleyDavidson dealers should be happy to get full MSRP for their products instead of gouging customers thousands more just because they can. I believe in what goes around comes around. The day will come when Harley no longer has the same demand, then those dealers will be remembered by those customers that they gouged.

Fenton 08-31-2005 08:24 AM

Oh, come on Kev. I need the details when it happens. I owned a 90, 97 & 99. I had to skip the whole v-tec/more weight.....etc model.

I learned on the 1983 model. Quite the learner bike.

I have heard, "still 800cc" also "bumped to a 1000" so, I have no clue. I'm betting against the V5 for sure.

p.s. i bought my kids a 70cc for x-mas last year so I am a HRC member.

Tampadoc 08-31-2005 08:58 AM

What's a sporglett?