Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 01-25-2001, 02:17 PM   #1
sanchin
Founding Member

Default Re: Dirt Content Poll

I'm a fan of anything two wheeled. In addition to 2 street bikes, I have a dual sport, and my kids have an xr50. Anyone that thinks their skills could use improvement (this should mean everyone) should ride off road periodically. If you want to humiliate yourself, try to keep up with some of the teenagers at the local sandpit.

They are not terribly impressed by gsxr's and r1's or their owners.

sanchin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2001, 03:11 PM   #2
RedDragon
Founding Member

Any ATV stuff would be great also. When it's too nasty for the R1 I haul the DS650 into the stix for a change o' pace. Keeps me grinin' from ear to ear like a possum eatin' s#@t!
Old 01-25-2001, 03:25 PM   #3
Smoker
Founding Member

The site is fantastic, I visit almost daily. As for the dirt section, it could use a bit more attention, such as it's own updating instead of the main stories going through the main page first. Optimally, the main page would be redesigned to seperate it into STREETIRT , instead of menu: top stories. It IS Motorcycle online, not streetbike online. You get a lot more attention from the dirt heads if a little effort was brought forth in redesigning the site a little more with dirt stories(racing, new models, vintage).
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 05:55 PM   #4
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Related to the last prompt of the survey, "I only come here for the babes," why do you guys post "babe" shots at all? Those who want online-skin will find a lot more elsewhere, and those of us who are a touch more modest think that Katja in full leathers on a bike is more attractive than a silicone-implanted android in a swimsuit.

Just a thought,

Starving Student
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 12:54 AM   #5
sccracing
Founding Member

someones bike will always be better than anothers. and if there were no flame wars, what fun would we have? why dont all bike manufacturers make the same bike? because they wanna have a better bike than ther other guy, therefore sell more of the better bike.
sccracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 12:59 AM   #6
sccracing
Founding Member

they are not terribly impressed by gsxrs or r1s??? ok, its a different sport and you cant compare it. wow, some people just amaze me with idiotic comments like that. gixxer riders get thrill by doubling and trippling speed limits and wearing off their knee caps. while motox riders get thrill off jumps and what not. so please, lets keep the issues separate, one has nothing to do with the other.
Old 01-26-2001, 01:03 AM   #7
sccracing
Founding Member

Default street only!!!

please stick to street only. there IS a reason why there are separate magazines for different sports, and there arent enough sport bike sites or mags. other mags and sites are already useless for sport bike riders, and you seem to be one of the few sites that devote to street bikes, so please, oh god, please, stick to street, and that fox scares me to death.
Old 01-26-2001, 01:06 AM   #8
sccracing
Founding Member

umbrella babes are the best, thats why, you'd know if you ever went to any races.
Old 01-26-2001, 04:40 AM   #9
x1lightening
Founding Member

I think anything that relates to motorcycles should be included in this site. I ride a streetbike, but that does not mean that I limit my mind to only one style of riding. If it has two wheels include it! The name of the site is "Motorcycle Online", not "streetbikes Online", "Sportbikes Online", "Cruiser Online", or "Dirtbikes Online" I think that MO is doing a great job and should continue to post articles on all forms of 2 wheel fun.
x1lightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 06:32 AM   #10
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Katja is the best, you'd know if you ever watched _the races_ instead of the people standing around.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote