Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 01-26-2001, 06:54 AM   #11
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Dirt Content Poll

Amen to this one. Now Im not sure whats up with sccracing, must of fallen off an xr50 at an early age and has been deeply troubled since. Oh great now Im in on the flame wars... Ignore that last one. Just that this is motorcycle on line and I for one live, eat, and sleep bikes of all sorts. I ride dualsport, street and dirt as often as possible. I would love to see reviews on all bikes just so I know what to fill my stable with. I think the key word is MORE, more everything!
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2001, 07:10 AM   #12
rat
Founding Member

Default At least do dual purpose comparisons

I already love the rush of road texture, air temperature, humidity, etc. The stimulation I get from in-your-face plant smells and natural scenery on trail riding is almost ferocious.
rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 08:20 AM   #13
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Is that the best you can do? It's so...third grade.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 10:19 AM   #14
hondachop
Founding Member

I would like to see more dirt, more dual-sport, more choppers, more low- to mid-priced bikes, and more street riding. Maybe even some features on older, affordable bikes. I mean, I always read the latest hype about R1's or Ducati 996's or whatever, but I have no desire (and even less financial resources) to buy one or even ride one in the foreseeable future. Really, why would I care at all which open-class sportbike has the most racetrack-friendly suspension or is easiest to accelerate out of turn 6 at the Streets of Willow or whatever? You guys have some of the best writing in the American motorcycle media universe (web or print) (you guys are almost up to the British standard of motojournalism), but there is a slight danger that you will end up pigeonholing yourselves into a very narrow SoCal sportbiking motojournalist niche.

Anyway, maybe pick up a copy of some of the British mags like AWoL, B.S.H., Streetfighters, Superbikes, Bike, etc., steal a few story ideas, and apply your wit, riding skills and thesauruses to the task.

Uhh, other than that, keep up the good work!
hondachop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 12:58 PM   #15
starvingstudent
Founding Member

The best, fastest, and sexiest bike ever was a CX500. It could take an R1 any day of the week.
Old 01-26-2001, 01:10 PM   #16
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Actually, I find that a lot of the British magazines are even more sportbike-oriented than MO (except for last year, where MO really focused on sportbikes. This year is better). Bike, Biker, and Performance Rider are pretty much supersport and superbike cover-to-cover.

I do agree that MO needs to stay out of the trap of being SoCal sportbike oriented. I personally don't care whether an R6 or GSXR600 will stay more settled in turn 6 of Willow Springs. I live in the mountains of Colorado and standards and dual-sports are what are most practical--and most fun--for where I ride (though my current bike is an absolutely bulletproof Honda Shadow 600).

Dirt content is good, but make sure that you get plenty of trailies and dual-sports instead of just MX. Just like I'd rather read sportbike reviews on the street than on the track.
Old 01-26-2001, 03:49 PM   #17
sanchin
Registered Member

They ice race here in NH also. Bikes, cars, atv's, snowmobiles or anything the ice will hold. It has

been cold, so our lakes have at least a foot of ice.

sanchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 12:48 AM   #18
sccracing
Founding Member

i was just really bored and couldnt find anything else to do. its a cold and windy day outside and a bit frosty too.
sccracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 12:50 AM   #19
sccracing
Founding Member

you'd rather look at a guy than a fine lady??? ok...whats the world coming to...
Old 01-27-2001, 12:53 AM   #20
sccracing
Founding Member

Default Re: street only!!!

yes! finally someone agrees that street and dirt are infact "different."