Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 11-05-2003, 07:32 AM   #11
ratrider955
Registered Member

Default Re: Video Tour of the Dragon

With as many riders doing the Gap as there are, you'd think that there would be hundreds of videos like this, so thanks for sharing with us. I loved it and can hardly wait to go myself. 2 things I noticed, at times you can see part of the speedo (mostly in the 40s, rarely over 60). The second, I know that the rider was probably a little anxious, but I wish he had taken the time to clean the screen in front of the lens, but overall one great video, thanks.
ratrider955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2003, 07:58 AM   #12
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Download?

My connection speed isn't that good, so is there any way I can download the video to my computer for later viewing? I'm not sure how to do it with Quicktime. Thanks
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:55 AM   #13
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Thanks pushrod

Gets me psyched up. My favorite road here in Seattle has sections like that, unfortunately it doesn't go on as long and has more traffic. A good book I have found for finding twisty roads is Destination Highways They have a WA, BC (Canada), and a Northern Californian version (coming soon)
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:57 AM   #14
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Northern California verision

click here for a preview
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:32 AM   #15
zootsuit
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks pushrod

For California roads, go to http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm. A wonderful site with extensive coverage and good commentary.

= Mike Bradley

SV1000
zootsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:52 AM   #16
burtonsimmons
Founding Member

Awesome looking ride... but I kept wanting to look off the corner of the camera's view when he entered a turn!
burtonsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #17
maladg
Registered Member

Have yet to view video...needs to wait for a less hectic dayeven at my broadband conn speed - however follows an observation from one who lives only 3 hrs from the Dragon: Great road, great ride...but to paraphrase the great Yogi - "nobody goes there anymore, it is too crowded". Weekday am is best. Weekends sux. Do yourself a favor..get a DeLorme Gazeteer (sp?) and go find yourself some nice county roads. Less donks, less cops, less squids, less clueless wandering (and dangerous) Floridians. Those are the flat out most dangerous drivers in the Western Hemisphere.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:12 AM   #18
pushrod
Founding Member

I guess it's only a matter of time before someone makes a game out of this stretch of pavement. Y'all need to check out the site, www.tailofthedragon.com.

Even though watching the vid caused me flashbacks to my crash, I found myself moving in my chair for some of the turns. Rather humorous, that.

The best thing about the Dragon is it isn't the best riding in that part of the woods IMHO. Obviously, the Dragon is way technical, and most sportbikes never get out of second gear. The Cherohala Skyway is a sweet ride, and Route 28 is no slouch.

Just be careful of the road conditions after a heavy rain (a lot of crap gets washed out onto the pavement), and when the leaves are falling.

And, as I can attest, remember that some jerk might "depart controlled flight" in the oncoming lane.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:20 AM   #19
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Hey, I resemble that remark!

I agree there are a lot of dangerous drivers, and not only at the Gap. And, to bolster your argument, the guy that lost control of his Subaru and crossed the centerline and met me head-on is from Jacksonville (FL).

However, I also live in Florida (in the portion that knows how to vote) and trust me, some of the tourists we get here could be certified as clinically brain dead. Few of them have Florida tags.

So, young Skywalker, be careful of the stereotypical remarks.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:21 AM   #20
pushrod
Founding Member

Default I meant to say, "makes a VIDEO game..."

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.