Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 12-09-2002, 06:08 AM   #71
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: Loud Pipes Cost a Life?

Amen, Gooseman. Someone who has seen the light.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2002, 06:18 AM   #72
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Wil, I agree that it doesn't take much balls to threaten an old man.

But would you not also lose your temper and grab the shirt of someone who intentionally bumped your bike?!?!?!?! Where are your balls?

Problem with the biker, he let his guard down.

Always assume someone is packing a weapon. Things are totally crazy these days.

Sorry bout the ball insult Wil, but unless your a supervisor who belittles your subordinates and uses the law and your position to protect yourself and your misconduct......

Geez, LOL, sounds like I have personal issues.

Where is my gun?
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 06:21 AM   #73
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re:There is no GOD!

Unfortunately for Chapman, Patton probably WAS taking his prozac.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:22 AM   #74
Hankmw1
Founding Member

Default Re: Eager for a fight

Biker should have shot first!
Hankmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 07:26 AM   #75
BRIAN_1
Founding Member

Some people just like the pipes because they make more power and sound cool, not because they want to be offensive.
BRIAN_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 09:13 AM   #76
dwolfe11
Founding Member

What we are failing to take in to account is the fact that the guy was a nut. It was just a matter of time before he was gonna hurt someone anyway. Even if he's not crazy, He started the whole thing, then resorted to using a gun, what a punk. He probably just goes around giving people a hard time because the gun makes him a brave man. He's gonna be somebody's girlfriend in prison soon.

dwolfe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 12:09 PM   #77
Cyberj10
Founding Member

Default I can't believe what I'm reading???

Are most of the people posting on this article insane??? It seems to me that well over half the posts here agree that it was wrong to shoot the guy but he was asking for it because he had loud pipes. You got to f***ing be kidding me. This was vigilantism on the part of the car driver and nothing more. He made the conscious decision to follow the guy after their little argument on the street and then bump his motorcycle when the rider stopped. What did the driver of the car think the biker was going to do after he bumped his bike??? Go up to him and politely ask him why he did that? The car driver clearly wanted to have a confrontation with the biker and when he hit his bike he obviously decided that he wanted it to be physical. But, instead of fighting like a MAN and maybe getting his ass kicked (which he rightly deserved, let some douche bag hit your bike, ON PURPOSE and see if you donÂ’t run after him swinging) he was a ***** and had to whip out a gun (the biggest ***** tactic of them all) and shoot the guy because he felt "threatened". I am not condoning violence and I go out of my way to avoid physical confrontation (I think the last fight I had was when I was 13) but the car driver clearly wanted something physical to occur when he went chasing after the guy and proceeded to ram his bike. And when the biker called the car driverÂ’s bluff, he pussied out and reached for his gun. WeÂ’re just a country full of SUV driving, Starbuck coffee drinking, "hey donÂ’t grab me after I ram your bike or IÂ’ll shoot you" pussies.

IÂ’ll leave you with a quote from a witty modern day poet "Â…Whatever happened to a good old-fashion-passionate ass whoppin and getting your clothes, shoes, socks and hat took-enÂ…" Quote provided by Eminem. Something like that but close enough so you get the idea. Anyway, peace and 1 love.

Cyberj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 10:02 PM   #78
Betamax
Founding Member

Sadly, it is the truth. Poor potty training is responsible for most of the world's ills...everything from email spam to the assassination of Kaiser Willhelm IV.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 07:47 AM   #79
jotto
Registered Member

There is far too much unnecessary noise in the world. I think that intentionally loud pipes on bikes, cars, and trucks are used in an agressive manner (F**k you. Roll up your window. Look at me.) The same goes for the loud radios that can be heard at a distance of a quarter mile. Do you really think that the guy on the bike with the loud pipe(s) or the guy in the car with the 145dB stereo isn't trying to assault you? Hell, shoot them all. Use arrows, though, so the 2nd amendment won't take a beating.
jotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 01:18 PM   #80
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Advice? How to shut up my bike

There is no solution -- your best bet is to sell it to me cheaply, as I live in a rural area where I will only offend cattle and the occasional deer.

(I have been on the lookout for a good used Bandit 400 -- that is one sweet ride).

Seriously, you might look to see if any other aftermarket cannister that is quieter might fit. I recall that Yoshimura has (had?) a line of high performance (I wanna say "Zyclone" or something like that) pipes that were only slightly louder than stock.

The other thought is pipes intended for the German market (I can't remember the main company's name) since there you cannot replace pipes (or most other parts) without thier being approved by the TUV (sorta a Nazi version of the DOT) so they have to first pass sound tests. Damn, I am getting senile!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote