Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 11-11-2002, 01:12 PM   #71
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Default Re: New Reader Poll!

F.) John Burns (who secretly wears HD Bikini Briefs -- don't ask me how I know)

neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2002, 01:19 PM   #72
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: HIGHWAYMAN TURNS DOWN LUCRATIVE MO OFFER

You got me but its so true. I am a cronic snowboarder so I see the morons up in the sierra's spinning off into the ditch (actually thats quite funny, almost as much fun as seeing carpool lane violators get pulled over). The worst is Jan-Mar central valley fog, where it gets so thick I got lost on the street I grew up on in front of my parents house. To that effect we have people still doing 80mph in 0 visability. Explains the annual 100+ car pileups on 99 and 5.

***Safety Tip: In dense fog if you dont wish to drive pull way off the road and turn your lights off, then stay in your car with your seatbelt on. If your lights or even your hazards are on drivers may think you are on the road and try and follow your lights. ***
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:45 PM   #73
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: TheHighwayman Turns Down Lucrative MO Offer

I suppose, we could refrain from posting anything, unless it is a shootout or ride review. However, there ARE readers out there with horizons that extend beyond bike reviews. It is those "OTHER" (myself included)readers that this article is aimed at. If you feel that it is stupid then it is your right not to read it. The rest of us will chuckle, comment and go on to read the next thing JohnnyB writes, hoping that it too is in the spirit of irreverance that he is famous for.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:00 PM   #74
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Come out of the closet

I don't own a Subaru (though a WRX STi would be lots of fun I imagine) and I'm too young to have served in Vietnam, but I was a 12-F in the Army. I have hundreds of hours patrolling rivers in a 26' aluminum twin jet bridge tender / river patrol boat with my good friend Mah Deuce on a swivel mount, just foreward of my pump controls. The pine tree reference resonates with me too. Probably the most fun thing I ever did in the Army was go from WFO foreward to a snap 180 to spray my 6:00 with 13.5mm bodyguards. Oh the fun we had.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:09 PM   #75
veefer69
Founding Member

I wonder if Buell has any deals going right now???
veefer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:50 PM   #76
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Come out of the closet

Lest you believe I was waxing nostalgic about Nam (no I'm not THAT nuts) realize that my Naval boat division was deployed on 45ft wooden hulled picket boats that were built around 1945. With 18-knot top speeds we always used discretion as the better part of valor and stood well out of small arms range and used the 50's ability to reach way out and touch someone to good effect.

Then there was the time we got a skid of 81mm mortar ammo that was dated sometime around the Korean War... and there were the grenades accidentally that had very short fuses.... but I digress.

Now if you want to talk about all the dope we smoked when off duty......
Old 11-11-2002, 05:34 PM   #77
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Re: Marketing HD BS

I never could find the "Made in USA" stamp on my '99 Harley-Davidson 883. Seams to me my '94 Honda Gold Wing had it right on the engine...

You got to wonder if THM has/uses products like his TV, shoes, toothbrush or computer that are only "Made in USA?"

JB is killing me with this "THM" stuff of his!

Philip
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 05:38 PM   #78
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Re: New Reader Poll!

Akc,

The answer is:

F.) John Burns

G.) Bitter Little Lawyer

Philip
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:07 PM   #79
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: LMAO

MGD? Bud is clearly 'Merica's swill of choice. Havent you watched TV? All the ads could of been writtin by "THM" and now that I think about it I am not so sure they werent.

12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:56 PM   #80
cvtulley
Registered Member

The above made me think twice.

cvtulley is offline   Reply With Quote