Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 11-10-2002, 09:22 AM   #41
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: TheHighwayman Turns Down Lucrative MO Offer

Bet it didn't waste that much time to point out (rightly) that the article was stupid.

Are we going to have a new headline every time someone tells Burnsie to go pi$$ up a rope?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2002, 10:32 AM   #42
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Come out of the closet

Geez -- gun nuts with Suburus, in a thread about gay highwaymen -- I think we got the diversity angle pretty well covered
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 10:56 AM   #43
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Rating System

Ratings can be set by readers -- I just upped your to "Intelligent" -- juat to illustrate the point.

Personally, I think the Highwayman is both Humerous and an Intelligent Troll.

As for annoying posts -- takes only a fraction of a second to skip those that you don't want to read -- seems like both KPaul and the Highwayman geet lost of responses, so someone must find them worth reading -- not that many of us agree with either!

Old 11-10-2002, 11:11 AM   #44
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Camaro vs Suburu

Per the roadtest summary in a recent Road and Track Magazine, 99 SS Camaro (320hp) does 0-60 in 5.5 vs 5.7 for the WRX, 1/4 mi in 13.2 vs 14.4. Camaro was .87g on the skidpad vs .84.

Still, the WRX is one kickass car, especially on dirt or snow. I want one.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:05 PM   #45
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: HIGHWAYMAN TURNS DOWN LUCRATIVE MO OFFER

you're lucky to be alive, 12er. They closed the bridge that night for a good hour because of winds blowing around construction materials. I'm in the south bay, and had the scariest ride of my life going home due to the tailgating, cel-phone gabbing, starbuck sipping, dashboard button pushing, SUV (Stupid Useless Vehicle) drivers driving as if it weren't raining.

There were so many accidents these past couple of days because idiots don't realize how the first rain of the season affects the roads until something happens to them. How can so many people in Silicon Valley claim to be so smart, yet be so STUPID?
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:12 AM   #46
SezaGeoff
Registered Member

Default Re: Stupids in the rain..

Yes, we have the same problem here. They have been told that to exceed the speed limit is dangerous, but at it is OK, so you see them in the pissing rain on slippery roads driving as if it were dry. And getting close to the people in front coz they can't see the taillights properly!! They frighten the beejezus out of me - especially when you realise that they think that if God wanted them to look out the side windows when they changed lanes, He would have given them wipers on them as well. Arrrgh.

Seza Geoff - Melbourne, Australia

(actually wishing it would rain..)
SezaGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:37 AM   #47
boru4761
Registered Member

Default LMAO

Thank you all. After spending my entire weekend working, I finally had the chance to sit down and read the latest MO madness. This Alleyboy ***** makes me laugh until it hurts. Thank you MO for posting this. Thank you my fellow readers for the hilarious comments.

BTW, I think it is patently obvious that the Highwayman is a closet case. 'Stout men in leather bristling with testosterone.' I mean come on.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:43 AM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Marketing HD BS

Come on now. Harleys do meet the legal criteria for being labelled "made in America". Of course, like Ford, Chrysler and GM, these industries got a special deal written into the law, since they otherwise wouldn't be able to label their products "made in USA". All other American industries have to meet a much higher standard. But you know politics....

Old 11-11-2002, 04:10 AM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: LMAO

Of course these men are 'stout'. Just look at all the beer they swill.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:58 AM   #50
mconlon
Founding Member

Default Re: HIGHWAYMAN TURNS DOWN LUCRATIVE MO OFFER

General observation, here: It seems to me that the worse the weather, the worse the driving. Why is it that the level of driving seems to be inversely proportional to the severity of the weather?
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote