Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Crusty MO

Old 05-14-2002, 06:11 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The Edge of Sanity p2 - Heavy Fuel

The article may be a complete waste of time, but what does that say about the guy who wasted the time it took to read the whole thing and then wasted even more time posting about it?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2002, 07:17 AM   #22
reggler
Founding Member

I guess the old saying applies:

If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand!
reggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 07:51 AM   #23
mike_root
Founding Member

Obviously, this guy has NEVER been anywhere near sober.

And just why am I reading this at MO anyway?

More horsepower! Less Horse s**t!

mike_root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:01 AM   #24
rkdemay
Founding Member

Default Re: Heavy Fuel

Write it and they will read it. Or not. If you've got the bandwidth and you aren't beholden to advertisers, hire scribes like Burns, publish what you want, and revel in your freedom. You're readers owe you no allegiance; they're gathering words and their precious Technical Information elsewhere. You owe them fidelity only to your own sense of purpose.

Many erstwhile sponsors of the Guggenheim grumped about Art of the Motorcycle. Solomon would've enjoyed the article.

Cheers,

-rkd
rkdemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 11:08 AM   #25
Le_Racer
Founding Member

Salut!

I have a couple of line from a early 90's song that keep popping-up in my head, it goes:

I don't care about no wheelchair

Let's fill-up the thank

And go for a ride

Anybody know that song and who sang that?

Ciao!

By the way I loved that little piece.

Guy
Le_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 07:46 PM   #26
akcarlson
Founding Member

Default Re: the right people?

I didn't mean to be exclusionary with that statement. If it came across that way, my apologies.

My point was simply that there is room in the realm of motorcylcing for this kind of thought, therefore there is room on MO for this kind of writing.

You viewpoint, which seems to be 'it's not for me, but that's OK' is the right attitude to have, rather than, 'it's not for me so keep it away from the site.'

It's freedom of speech baby, like the Nazis marching in Joliet.

The closed-minded 'I'm here for stats and facts, not this hippie spiritual crap' viewpoint that's been expressed here is quite disheartening, I think.

You (not you specifically, ValkBandit, the general) may not like what our friend has to say, but it's just plain rude to criticize it in an un-constructive manner. Whether he's pouring his soul out or just stream-of-conscious rambling, it's still a creation of his mind, and that's a rather personal thing.
akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 07:52 PM   #27
akcarlson
Founding Member

By the way, I'll give a billion dollars and infinite respect to anyone who can tell me from whence I stole that 'who's gonna get this--the right people will get it' line.

Hint, hint: it's from TV.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:53 PM   #28
akcarlson
Founding Member

Default Re: the right people?

I didn't mean to be exclusionary with that statement. If it came across that way, my apologies.

My point was simply that there is room in the realm of motorcylcing for this kind of thought, therefore there is room on MO for this kind of writing.

You viewpoint, which seems to be 'it's not for me, but that's OK' is the right attitude to have, rather than, 'it's not for me so keep it away from the site.'

It's freedom of speech baby, like the Nazis marching in Joliet.

The closed-minded 'I'm here for stats and facts, not this hippie spiritual crap' viewpoint that's been expressed here is quite disheartening, I think.

You (not you specifically, ValkBandit, the general) may not like what our friend has to say, but it's just plain rude to criticize it in an un-constructive manner. Whether he's pouring his soul out or just stream-of-conscious rambling, it's still a creation of his mind, and that's a rather personal thing.