Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Buell

Old 07-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default New Buell

Buell has a new model on its website.

The styling will get you noticed-perhaps not for your good taste though.

Maybe Buell should change its focus from "styled around the rider" to "styled around the buyer."

http://buell.com/en_us/
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
pushrod
Founding Member

Do you need to buy the mask and cape to ride that thing?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Caine? Are you down there Caine? You say you see some sort of eggs?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Caine? Are you down there Caine? You say you see some sort of eggs?
took me a minute... Geiger (sp?) would be proud.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I think it doesn't look as bad as the 1125R. It's nothing an aluminium ballbat and some Mighty Putty®wouldn't cure............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
Mollygrubber
Founding Member

Smile You guys are never satisfied...

Isn't this the very bike a lot of you jokers have been crying for Buell to build? Seems like we should be thrilled, n'est pas? Admittedly, the poor wee beastie cries out for radiator rhinoplasty. Otherwise, it's an American made leading edge street fighter/naked/whatever the trendy pigeonhole is, with a stonking motor that's NOT A FOOKIN HARLEY. If you don't want to ride a ricer clone, isn't this the bike? The fact that you have to do some bodywork to make it your own just makes it all the more personal. I'll just lie down and roll up in my flameproof blanket now.
Mollygrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollygrubber View Post
Isn't this the very bike a lot of you jokers have been crying for Buell to build? Seems like we should be thrilled, n'est pas? Admittedly, the poor wee beastie cries out for radiator rhinoplasty. Otherwise, it's an American made leading edge street fighter/naked/whatever the trendy pigeonhole is, with a stonking motor that's NOT A FOOKIN HARLEY. If you don't want to ride a ricer clone, isn't this the bike? The fact that you have to do some bodywork to make it your own just makes it all the more personal. I'll just lie down and roll up in my flameproof blanket now.
<-- (me crying)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:13 AM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Maybe Buell should change its focus from "styled around the rider" to "styled around the buyer."
Motorcycle purchases have always been about style to a great extent. At least since the 1920's, when bikes lost the battle for basic transportation to cars. I can't say if I like the new Buell from the photos, but I do appreciate them at least putting the US into the game with a competitive sportbike, and now naked bike.

Here's what's really funny to me: for decades there has been endless discussion of how outdated HD (and Buell with their Sportster based bikes) has been. Yet for months, every damn magazine or website I read is filled with riders whining and crying because the "new" Sportster isn't being sold here! A SPORTSTER, for crying out loud; one that is only slightly different than every other one made for what, 50 years?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollygrubber View Post
Truer words have never been spoken. There is a thundering silence from all those phonies who said they would buy one if Buell ever got a watercooled engine. But hey, it's the internet. Of course, the same people won't touch the Triumph either. All you will ever hear from these frauds is excuses.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #10
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Motorcycle purchases have always been about style to a great extent. At least since the 1920's, when bikes lost the battle for basic transportation to cars. I can't say if I like the new Buell from the photos, but I do appreciate them at least putting the US into the game with a competitive sportbike, and now naked bike.

Here's what's really funny to me: for decades there has been endless discussion of how outdated HD (and Buell with their Sportster based bikes) has been. Yet for months, every damn magazine or website I read is filled with riders whining and crying because the "new" Sportster isn't being sold here! A SPORTSTER, for crying out loud; one that is only slightly different than every other one made for what, 50 years?
Its the only cool sporster made to date, and its exported. WTF?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote