Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Buell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default New Buell

Buell has a new model on its website.

The styling will get you noticed-perhaps not for your good taste though.

Maybe Buell should change its focus from "styled around the rider" to "styled around the buyer."

http://buell.com/en_us/
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
pushrod
Founding Member
 
pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Baja 'Bama
Posts: 3,642
Default

Do you need to buy the mask and cape to ride that thing?
__________________
You would not understand,
this is not how I am...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Caine? Are you down there Caine? You say you see some sort of eggs?
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
12er
Founding Member
 
12er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF
Posts: 2,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Caine? Are you down there Caine? You say you see some sort of eggs?
took me a minute... Geiger (sp?) would be proud.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

I think it doesn't look as bad as the 1125R. It's nothing an aluminium ballbat and some Mighty Putty®wouldn't cure............
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
Mollygrubber
Founding Member
 
Mollygrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 74
Smile You guys are never satisfied...

Isn't this the very bike a lot of you jokers have been crying for Buell to build? Seems like we should be thrilled, n'est pas? Admittedly, the poor wee beastie cries out for radiator rhinoplasty. Otherwise, it's an American made leading edge street fighter/naked/whatever the trendy pigeonhole is, with a stonking motor that's NOT A FOOKIN HARLEY. If you don't want to ride a ricer clone, isn't this the bike? The fact that you have to do some bodywork to make it your own just makes it all the more personal. I'll just lie down and roll up in my flameproof blanket now.
Mollygrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollygrubber View Post
Isn't this the very bike a lot of you jokers have been crying for Buell to build? Seems like we should be thrilled, n'est pas? Admittedly, the poor wee beastie cries out for radiator rhinoplasty. Otherwise, it's an American made leading edge street fighter/naked/whatever the trendy pigeonhole is, with a stonking motor that's NOT A FOOKIN HARLEY. If you don't want to ride a ricer clone, isn't this the bike? The fact that you have to do some bodywork to make it your own just makes it all the more personal. I'll just lie down and roll up in my flameproof blanket now.
<-- (me crying)
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:13 AM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Maybe Buell should change its focus from "styled around the rider" to "styled around the buyer."
Motorcycle purchases have always been about style to a great extent. At least since the 1920's, when bikes lost the battle for basic transportation to cars. I can't say if I like the new Buell from the photos, but I do appreciate them at least putting the US into the game with a competitive sportbike, and now naked bike.

Here's what's really funny to me: for decades there has been endless discussion of how outdated HD (and Buell with their Sportster based bikes) has been. Yet for months, every damn magazine or website I read is filled with riders whining and crying because the "new" Sportster isn't being sold here! A SPORTSTER, for crying out loud; one that is only slightly different than every other one made for what, 50 years?
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollygrubber View Post
Isn't this the very bike a lot of you jokers have been crying for Buell to build? Seems like we should be thrilled, n'est pas? Admittedly, the poor wee beastie cries out for radiator rhinoplasty. Otherwise, it's an American made leading edge street fighter/naked/whatever the trendy pigeonhole is, with a stonking motor that's NOT A FOOKIN HARLEY. If you don't want to ride a ricer clone, isn't this the bike? The fact that you have to do some bodywork to make it your own just makes it all the more personal. I'll just lie down and roll up in my flameproof blanket now.
Truer words have never been spoken. There is a thundering silence from all those phonies who said they would buy one if Buell ever got a watercooled engine. But hey, it's the internet. Of course, the same people won't touch the Triumph either. All you will ever hear from these frauds is excuses.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #10
12er
Founding Member
 
12er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF
Posts: 2,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Motorcycle purchases have always been about style to a great extent. At least since the 1920's, when bikes lost the battle for basic transportation to cars. I can't say if I like the new Buell from the photos, but I do appreciate them at least putting the US into the game with a competitive sportbike, and now naked bike.

Here's what's really funny to me: for decades there has been endless discussion of how outdated HD (and Buell with their Sportster based bikes) has been. Yet for months, every damn magazine or website I read is filled with riders whining and crying because the "new" Sportster isn't being sold here! A SPORTSTER, for crying out loud; one that is only slightly different than every other one made for what, 50 years?
Its the only cool sporster made to date, and its exported. WTF?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off