Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Buell (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell/)
-   -   New Buell (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell/8953-new-buell.html)

Buzglyd 07-22-2008 01:09 PM

New Buell

Buell has a new model on its website.

The styling will get you noticed-perhaps not for your good taste though.

Maybe Buell should change its focus from "styled around the rider" to "styled around the buyer."

http://buell.com/en_us/

pushrod 07-22-2008 01:31 PM

Do you need to buy the mask and cape to ride that thing?

seruzawa 07-22-2008 01:41 PM

Caine? Are you down there Caine? You say you see some sort of eggs?

12er 07-22-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 189678)
Caine? Are you down there Caine? You say you see some sort of eggs?

took me a minute... Geiger (sp?) would be proud.

The_AirHawk 07-22-2008 04:59 PM

I think it doesn't look as bad as the 1125R. It's nothing an aluminium ballbat and some Mighty Putty®wouldn't cure............

Mollygrubber 09-04-2008 11:49 PM

You guys are never satisfied...

Isn't this the very bike a lot of you jokers have been crying for Buell to build? Seems like we should be thrilled, n'est pas? Admittedly, the poor wee beastie cries out for radiator rhinoplasty. Otherwise, it's an American made leading edge street fighter/naked/whatever the trendy pigeonhole is, with a stonking motor that's NOT A FOOKIN HARLEY. If you don't want to ride a ricer clone, isn't this the bike? The fact that you have to do some bodywork to make it your own just makes it all the more personal. I'll just lie down and roll up in my flameproof blanket now.

The_AirHawk 09-05-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollygrubber (Post 192886)
Isn't this the very bike a lot of you jokers have been crying for Buell to build? Seems like we should be thrilled, n'est pas? Admittedly, the poor wee beastie cries out for radiator rhinoplasty. Otherwise, it's an American made leading edge street fighter/naked/whatever the trendy pigeonhole is, with a stonking motor that's NOT A FOOKIN HARLEY. If you don't want to ride a ricer clone, isn't this the bike? The fact that you have to do some bodywork to make it your own just makes it all the more personal. I'll just lie down and roll up in my flameproof blanket now.

:sad: <-- (me crying)

Kenneth_Moore 09-05-2008 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 189675)
Maybe Buell should change its focus from "styled around the rider" to "styled around the buyer."

Motorcycle purchases have always been about style to a great extent. At least since the 1920's, when bikes lost the battle for basic transportation to cars. I can't say if I like the new Buell from the photos, but I do appreciate them at least putting the US into the game with a competitive sportbike, and now naked bike.

Here's what's really funny to me: for decades there has been endless discussion of how outdated HD (and Buell with their Sportster based bikes) has been. Yet for months, every damn magazine or website I read is filled with riders whining and crying because the "new" Sportster isn't being sold here! A SPORTSTER, for crying out loud; one that is only slightly different than every other one made for what, 50 years?

seruzawa 09-05-2008 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollygrubber (Post 192886)

Truer words have never been spoken. There is a thundering silence from all those phonies who said they would buy one if Buell ever got a watercooled engine. But hey, it's the internet. Of course, the same people won't touch the Triumph either. All you will ever hear from these frauds is excuses.

12er 09-05-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 192901)
Motorcycle purchases have always been about style to a great extent. At least since the 1920's, when bikes lost the battle for basic transportation to cars. I can't say if I like the new Buell from the photos, but I do appreciate them at least putting the US into the game with a competitive sportbike, and now naked bike.

Here's what's really funny to me: for decades there has been endless discussion of how outdated HD (and Buell with their Sportster based bikes) has been. Yet for months, every damn magazine or website I read is filled with riders whining and crying because the "new" Sportster isn't being sold here! A SPORTSTER, for crying out loud; one that is only slightly different than every other one made for what, 50 years?

Its the only cool sporster made to date, and its exported. WTF?