Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Buell

Old 12-08-2007, 07:13 AM   #1
Slaughter
Founding Member

Default Long Beach this weekend

First post here... wondering why I didn't find this forum sooner!

We're going to be in Long Beach today and tomorrow - stop by the Buell booth and say HI. Sunny and I will be the only people working in the booth who are not dealer or Factory employees. We both have day jobs totally unrelated to the Moto-Industry. We are there as enthusiasts!

I'll be wearing the old-style "Ice Cream Man" Buell racing shirt with the Lavin-Yurassov Racing patch and Glendale Harley patch on the other side.

Gotta go, and for those who HAVEN'T met Sunny or me in person, Slaughter really IS my last name.

See all y'alls at the show!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
First post here... wondering why I didn't find this forum sooner!

We're going to be in Long Beach today and tomorrow - stop by the Buell booth and say HI. Sunny and I will be the only people working in the booth who are not dealer or Factory employees. We both have day jobs totally unrelated to the Moto-Industry. We are there as enthusiasts!

I'll be wearing the old-style "Ice Cream Man" Buell racing shirt with the Lavin-Yurassov Racing patch and Glendale Harley patch on the other side.

Gotta go, and for those who HAVEN'T met Sunny or me in person, Slaughter really IS my last name.

See all y'alls at the show!
Fly to the Angels dude!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

Since Slaughter is from Southern Californee - and not the actual South, Bless his heart - I should help him with his grammar.

"Y'all" is used when addressing one person, who may have company. "Y'all come over and watch the kids try and catch the pig!"

"All y'all" is directed at more than one person. "All y'all fetch some soap and water, and help me clean these kids!"

There isn't a "y'alls" in the vernacular. However, there is "y'alls'" (pronounced 'yawl-zez'), as in "Is this little tickturd y'alls'?"

The next lesson will be some of the finer phrases of description. Topics will include eating excessively, "I'm fuller than a tick in a dogs ear!" and immense satisfaction; "Grinnin' like a mule eatin' briars!"

No thanks necessary. I'm just happy to help.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote