Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Buell (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell/)
-   -   H2o,146hp, finally! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell/5846-h2o-146hp-finally.html)

maladg 07-09-2007 05:54 AM

Hee Hee...
 
Saw the blurb at "Daily" a few minutes ago. Just EXACTLY what a bunch of us have been saying for a loooong time as to what Buell needed to move to the next level. And EXACTLY what an equally large number of fellow MOrons have been saying that Buell did NOT need to move to the next level.

To those on the other side: ya might wanna read MCN's long term Uly summary - just got my issue Sat. Yes, this is EXACTLY what Buell needs.

I'm so glad I waited. Yes I am.

longride 07-09-2007 06:17 AM

Interesting. I guess we'll see how many people that have been asking for this bike actually buy one. For some, I guess the horsepower and torque figures are all they need, but there is lots more to know about this bike than that. I hope it does well, but I bet they don't sell any better than the current model.

BrowningBAR 07-09-2007 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maladg (Post 164758)
Saw the blurb at "Daily" a few minutes ago. Just EXACTLY what a bunch of us have been saying for a loooong time as to what Buell needed to move to the next level. And EXACTLY what an equally large number of fellow MOrons have been saying that Buell did NOT need to move to the next level.

To those on the other side: ya might wanna read MCN's long term Uly summary - just got my issue Sat. Yes, this is EXACTLY what Buell needs.

I'm so glad I waited. Yes I am.

Actually, that isn't how that argument went. The group saying that Buell didn't need a "proper" engine was implying that it wouldn’t effect sales greatly enough. Implying that the sportbike posers that buy on stats alone will never rush to buy a Buell, but will stick with their "Gixxer, dude!"

Fact is, at a claimed 146 horses which will probably translate to somewhere in the mid 130's, that is still "down on power" when compared to the rest of the competition as Honda, which is the lowest of the big four, charted at 147.3.

Than there was the argument from me that you would have to be retarded not to believe that Buell will never come out with a new motor.

Another interesting item is that the sportster engine will probably remain for quite some time unless Buell finds a way to shorten the wheelbase on the 1125R as it has increased by about 2.5" and has two huge radiator fins on each side.

seruzawa 07-09-2007 06:54 AM

Don't hold your breath.
 
Actually, the question I was asking was how many of the detractors who said that Buell needed a "proper" engine (that stupid term again) are going to actually buy one? You know, the ones who said, "Oh yes, I'd love to buy an American sportbike." My guess is next to none. Especially since even though the bike hasn't been ridden by anyone outside of the factory yet, they are already complaining that it is "down on power" compared to the Big4 cookie cutteurs. Any excuse to continue to whine that the Buell is not a "real" sportbike will be resorted to by the usual suspects.

seruzawa 07-09-2007 06:59 AM

You got it.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 164759)
Interesting. I guess we'll see how many people that have been asking for this bike actually buy one. For some, I guess the horsepower and torque figures are all they need, but there is lots more to know about this bike than that. I hope it does well, but I bet they don't sell any better than the current model.

Just get some popcorn and sit back. Virtually none of those who said how much they wanted to see Buell build a "proper" engine will sell their cookie cutteur. At least, not until they see what the mob at the Burger Barn think.

kavenger 07-09-2007 07:03 AM

Congratulations maladg for being riight, Congratulations to Erik Buelll
 
Excellent point maladg
Funny how the side that said Buell didn't need a proper engine are already backtracking... This will sell like hotcakes.. The price is right. 2 year warranty. It looks great and I bet will handle well. Nope this is clear victory for us folks who said this is what Buell needed. This puts Buell into the big leagues. No more nonsense about Harley tradition etc. People who buy Buells are into the different look the neat technology, the V-Twin sound and performance. Buell can stand proud today.. Erik you did it congratulations for this bold and important step... This will outsell all other Buells put together.

BrowningBAR 07-09-2007 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kavenger (Post 164765)
Excellent point maladg
Funny how the side that said Buell didn't need a proper engine are already backtracking... This will sell like hotcakes.. The price is right. 2 year warranty. It looks great and I bet will handle well. Nope this is clear victory for us folks who said this is what Buell needed. This puts Buell into the big leagues. No more nonsense about Harley tradition etc. People who buy Buells are into the different look the neat technology, the V-Twin sound and performance. Buell can stand proud today.. Erik you did it congratulations for this bold and important step... This will outsell all other Buells put together.

No, the argument has always been that a new engine will not increase sales drastically enough. If this thing charts in at the mid 130's people will still claim it is down on power and "that’s why I didn't buy one".

The argument was that Buell should not try to compete with the big four as it is not a money making venture.

mikexlr 07-09-2007 07:15 AM

H2o,146hp, finally!
 
buell has finally realeased it'd first superbike! combining the xb chassis with a modern motor is what many have been asking for. initial reports (n. mckenzie)sp? seem quite positive.

seruzawa 07-09-2007 07:23 AM

He's not buying one either.

priday 07-09-2007 07:27 AM

Race kit?
 
Anybody want to venture a guess as to what kind of power this engine will be able to make in race trim?

~Rob

BTW.... WWWWOOOOOOOO HHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 AM.