Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 01-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #71
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: The GMP is right again, GPTB says stay the course.

Thanks for making my point about the Group Therapy. Hey you said Ford didn't make any SUV profits.. Well read this
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #72
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: HOG: Please Fund Buell's New Engine

Yep I think you are spot on.. It's amazing how many excuses people will use why HD won't let Buell build his engine.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:34 AM   #73
ksquid
Banned

Wow well said..
Old 01-26-2007, 07:36 AM   #74
seruzawa
The Toad

Default I can see it now.

Eric unveils a V-twin watercooled sportbike with numbers that rival already available Ducatis and Aprilias. A bunch of people praise it at first. Then people take it to the track and since it's brand new it doesn't outperform Ducatis and Aprilias. Because Buell had to appease the masses the new engine reguires a Ducati-sized frame and loses whatever it had that set it apart. The catcalls start. None of the people who called for a Ducatilike engine buy one because they all buy I-4s anyhow. Buell's new bike languishes on the showroom floor because the people who wanted Buells don't want Ducatis. The Buell Division goes bankrupt.

Lesson: When running a business don't take the opinions of @ssholes yakking on the internet too seriously. Hey, wait a second....
Old 01-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #75
ksquid
Banned

Default Getting off the dead horse I have a solution. But longride probably sabatoged it.

Hey I posted several articles last night. Not one is about helmets, tier licensing, Buells, Harley, etc. Trouble is longride probably deleted them before the staff had a chance to look at them. It's ok I'll post them again tomorrow..
Old 01-26-2007, 07:39 AM   #76
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati 1098 Engine in my new 2009 Buell

Then 'splain to me why Triumph and Ducati are worried that the rules change will effect their ability to sell their air-cooled bikes in the EU when it all takes effect. Triumph has already come out and said that the Bonni line will need significant changes for the Euro 3 regs and Ducati (although they have determined that they will "sneek" through the regs) is already working on a new FI system and updates to the computer and management system. I'm pretty sure Piaggio has a similar problem with Motor Guzzi.

Until I see data that verifies otherwise, I challange the "air cooled engines test CLEANER" theory. It's much easier to control emmisions with water-cooled bikes. Ask Kawasaki why the Ninja 500 will be extinct. For that matter ask the same of Suzuki about the Bandit. Suzuki already went water-cooled with those bikes, knowing full well that they'd never get by "new" emmissions standards.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #77
ksquid
Banned

Most squids want the ability to ride on the track... not they will ever do it.. They want it.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #78
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: The new Ducati 1098 is only $14,999

In the words of Ted E Long (WWE) "TRUE THAT"......
Old 01-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #79
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: The GMP is right again, GPTB says stay the course.

*sigh*

1. I never said they didn't make profits from the SUVs. I said they didn't make "massive" profits and that their financial division is their cash cow. (My exact quote was "The most profits for Ford came from their financial division.")

2. This is from the article you linked:

"Ford Motor Co. yesterday posted net income of $1.21 billion (60 cents per share) for the first quarter,"

"Ford's credit arm continued to power the company's profits, with $710 million in net income"

Ford's Motor Credit accounts for 58% of their profit.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:43 AM   #80
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Long stroke, short stroke WHO cares?

YOU care, because ever since man fugured out how to make reliable valvetrains; the stroke plays the most significant role (piston acceleration) in an engine's ability to rev.

-Sean