Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Buell News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/)
-   -   HOG: Please Fund Buell's New Engine (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/4254-hog-please-fund-buells-new-engine.html)

schizuki 01-26-2007 09:22 AM

Re: HOG: Please Fund Buell's New Engine

Wow, utterly beside the point.

What commandment has decreed that the purpose of any bike is to be a "track-killer"? That's not what Buells are for. They're f***ing streetbikes, and you people stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that.

schizuki 01-26-2007 09:23 AM

Oh, BTW, the Boeing 707 sucks a** because it's not supersonic.

johnnyquest 01-26-2007 09:25 AM

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I commute on my bike year round...close to 10k miles per year. I like the Multistrada a lot, but I don't think I can handle a bike payment, higher insurance, & $500-$600 per year for maintenance. For the same price, I can get a Lightning Long and put soft luggage on it. I'd have a payment and higher insurance, but at least I could do most of the maintenance myself and not have to worry about valve or chain adjustments. I'm basing my opinion on what I've read hear and in mags, my local Buell dealer doesn't offer demo rides so I've never ridden a big Buell, but it seems like it would suit my needs well...I don't do track days, I do mountain roads occasionally, and I do most of my riding in town. Someday I hope to ride one to see whether or not it's my thing...

JQ

schizuki 01-26-2007 09:26 AM

Re: I can see it now.

You nailed it.

schizuki 01-26-2007 09:28 AM

Re: Getting off the dead horse I have a solution. But longride probably sabatoged it.

Yeah, you're being censored. I think a day might have gone by this month without one of your submissions being on the front page.

Idiot.

BrowningBAR 01-26-2007 09:29 AM

Will the HP also care the rather large price tag also (larger than the already large BMW price tags?)

The HP2 is 20 grand. What will the other HP bike come in at?

Not really complaining about the price, but I am wondering at what point will 20-30 thousand dollar motorcycle stop selling.

schizuki 01-26-2007 09:33 AM

Re: The GMP is right again, GPTB says stay the course.

"The GMP has predicted that Buell sales would be held back by the lack of proper engine."

And this has been proven how?

"Despite the most definitive account of a actual back to back comparison by gbrummett , a Buell owner with an impeccable reputation on MO, the GPTB says "stay the course"

Wow, one whole Buell owner supports you. Meanwhile other Buell owners report their delight with their bikes, and you can't hear them.

"a proper Buell engine is not needed."

Well, finally you're right. The Buell already has a proper engine. None needed.

"Has the GPTB rode the Buell back to back with a modern sportbike? Only Buz has.. but not on the track.."

Have you ridden even ONE bike on the track?

And who the f*** cares about the track? I don't ride on the track. I ride on streets.

ksquid 01-26-2007 09:39 AM

Re: Getting off the dead horse I have a solution. But longride probably sabatoged it.

School must be out for the day. cause schizukinoodle is here.

ksquid 01-26-2007 09:42 AM

Re: The GMP is right again, GPTB says stay the course.

You have a lot of homework to do son.. Read through all of the posts.. The GPTB is in the minority just like in the mandatory helmet and tiered licensing poll. There are more buell owners who support the new engine idea.. I think everyone but the GPTB supports a new engine. Even BrowningBar says so..

schizuki 01-26-2007 09:43 AM

Re: The new Ducati 1098 is only $14,999

If they tried to put that kind of engine in a dinette set, the extra space required for the water cooling would mean having to lose two chairs. Have you cleared that with your wife?