Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 01-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #91
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: I can see it now.

"There you go again". Regan voice.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #92
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati 1098 Engine in my new 2009 Buell

The Ninja 500 IS water cooled.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #93
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: The GMP predicts, Buell will eventually race in AMA superbike.

Ducati is allowed to have variances in motor mods that the other manufacturers are not. They are primarily allowed to shave motor weight using cams, valves and flywheels that are significantly different from stock because of the disparity between drivetrians in the L-twin and inline 4. When everyone goes to the negotiation table, the FIM will not allow the motor mods any longer after this season. All but assuring that Ducati will be ALLOWED the 20% jump in displacement. MV will be the biggest benefactor in this since they are running "new" race bikes. So, look for the new "R" Ducati in May or June and a "new" F4 from MV. I, personally, believe that even with less power in the twin they will compete successfully with Troy piloting the bike. His ability to "drive" off corners will make the bike a contender. Overall power will still go to the 4s but torque will be Ducati's friend and MV should thank them for it.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #94
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati 1098 Engine in my new 2009 Buell

OOPS- sorry 'bout that one. But as a water-cooled 20yr old motor it is at the end of it's life. I was thinking of the Suz GS motor not the Kawi.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #95
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Very good professor.

Golly gee, thanks for the validation! I was beginning to doubt my physics, engineering and general ic engine knowelege. Good thing you came along and told me I was correct.

Now, please explain how Ford's revenue being dominated by its financial division somehow became a false statment requiring yet another five-toed oral-insertion from your brilliant mind...

Sometimes arrogance is the best answer.

-Sean
Old 01-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #96
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I can see it now.

LOL Best post here!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #97
James_Brown
Registered Member

Default Re: HOG: Please Fund Buell's New Engine

Erik is paid to sound convincing.

Maintenance on new Ducs is ~$500 every 7500 miles. That's not that much money unless you ride 15k miles per year. The average US rider is under 3k per year, so for most people, you are talking about $500 every ~2.5 years. All bikes need oil changes and tires so that's equal. The only other additional Ducati expense over a Buell is squirting some lube on your chain every 500 miles. If that's too hard for you, then by all means, buy a Buell. They are neat bikes, just not neat enough for me to own.
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #98
ksquid
Banned

Default Why?

Whatever... Bar did a brilliant move there.. But my point is still valid. Ford didn't plow the profits it made from the Credit dept (OK you win Bar) and SUV dept into the right things. .. So why do Kawasaki's have break-in periods anyway? What's the real story? from the real people at Kawasaki?

I stand corrected..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:29 AM   #99
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Default Re: Buells are the new sportsters

Egg-zackly.
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #100
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Default Re: HOG: Please Fund Buell's New Engine

"Maybe that ingenuity that Buell are known for could result in a really tightly integrated frame/engine package that is entirely in character with what they're making now, but with fewer compromises."

Yes indeed.

I sometimes like to think of Buell as H-D's "skunkworks", although I have no idea if such an analogy is really correct...
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote