Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 11-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #41
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Buell Milestone

Every weekend... oops never you're right don't tell longride.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #42
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: The definitive idea......

Thank God Eric sticks to the logic of the worst engines and gearboxes (apart from the notorious Indian made Enfield) in the universe.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:39 PM   #43
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: The Denial crowd.

mscuddy wouldn`t get a speed triple, he stepped on a turd already

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:21 PM   #44
pdad13
Founding Member

I've got to agree with Buz and KP. Jeez, how many times can you say that?

First of all, the TT is just butt ugly. Second, it fills no real need in the market. It's not really a supermoto, isn't significantly different than the current products and the other Lightning variants look much better. I think the Uly is closer to a supermoto than the TT.

It's pretty obvious Buell is following the H-D new product development philosophy, which works well for the cruisers but is less than exciting in the sportbike world.

How about H-D giving EB a little more capital to work with? They can afford it and it might just pay off.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #45
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: kpaul suggestions for Buell i.e to sell 200,000 bikes

Holy crap. I'm going to agree with KP again. H-D can certainly afford to develop a new engine. Plus they've already got the data from the Revolution project. Now, whether they think it's a good investment is another issue.

H-D makes plenty of money selling their stuff. Maybe it's not the initial investment in the new motor but the ongoing costs associated with entering the traditional sportbike market that makes them hesitant. Once they throw in the towel and build a new engine, they're sort of compelled to keep up with the competition. Then again, it is H-D. The theoretical new engine could be in production with few real changes for 40 years or more.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #46
pdad13
Founding Member

Did he ever actually ride it? I don't recall.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:07 PM   #47
schizuki
Founding Member

The safest reply to any sentence involving Kook that begins "Did he ever actually...?" is "No."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #48
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

Default That's the KP we're used to....

You were doing pretty well until that post, KP. Shoulda known it wouldn't last.
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:50 AM   #49
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I have to agree that Harley makes plenty of money to develop a new sportbike. I'm sure I can't think of a better way to ***** that money away on a wasted effort than that. Everyone can see how fantastically successful the American sportbike market is. We all see the new American sportbike manufacturers are coming out of the woodwork. Tons of money being made here, right? How is Harley stupid enough to miss this? Here's how. People aren't going to buy it because it's American, and there is no way they can make it a fast, or as cheap as the Japanese. But you'll buy it because it's an American product, right? That's the biggest lie since 'The check is in the mail'. Just ask GM and Ford how the 'buy American' schtick is working out for them these days. Harley just asked for concessions from thier labor union. I doubt the glorious new American sportbike is coming soon, despite all the time and effort we all spend thnking of ways to lose Harley a boatload of money. All of you need to thank Harley. They saved you all from the effort inventing new excuses not to buy a sportbike from them.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:06 AM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: That's the KP we're used to....

That's the problem with monomaniacs.