Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 07-25-2006, 06:11 AM   #61
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Calling all Buellers

No, that's his brain running on used cooking oil.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2006, 06:12 AM   #62
pdad13
Founding Member

Nah, I dig the amber wheels. They look awesome.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:18 AM   #63
seruzawa
The Toad

Don't forget the wonderful economy that the moron Johnson left us in the early 70's. Followed by that idiot Nixon's price/wage freeze nonsense.

Thank God that Carter spends most of his time excusing psychotic murderers like Castro and Kim Jong-Il now. Definitely the funniest ex-president! Though Clowntoon gives him a run for the money Carter can't be beat for over-the-top foolishness.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:28 AM   #64
anrajala
Founding Member

Three words: "Sportster´s antique engine". Well some like it cold.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:41 AM   #65
schizuki
Founding Member

Carter is the same blindingly stupid, loathsomely dictator-coddling, prissy fool he was when he was president. Without a doubt the worst president ever, and now the worst EX-president ever.

Clinton actually has bouts of common sense now. He throws some red meat to the MoveOn crowd on occasion, but he was never the extreme lefty his conservative opponents painted him as (or the Republicans in Congress kept him in check when they were still Republicans). His friendship with the Bushes might be helping, too. Don't forget his wife wants to be prez, and they're both smart enough politicians to know that the Kos Kids are an overhyped albatross that can do nothing but lose elections for the Dems.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:32 AM   #66
seruzawa
The Toad

You forgot that besides the catlike reflexes one has to be so devoid an actual life that one is constantly clicking on the MO link all day long.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:41 AM   #67
pdad13
Founding Member

Well, I thought "intense focus" was a more polite way of implying that, but since you mention it...
Old 07-25-2006, 07:45 AM   #68
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Garsh KP, I guess you mean it...

Here's how it stacked up for me:

2005 XB9SX Bought new. Oil change every 2000 miles and sparkplugs (as you'll see later) by me.

1500 miles: Something goes wrong with bike, running on one cylinder. Feel pipes and it's the rear. Check rear plug and it's fouled. Clean plug and it runs fine. Have to use 3 universal joints, and a 1 foot section of gas line to get rear plug in-out. Plug is tiny, looks like it should be in a model airplane. Several are still rattling around somewhere next to the frame.

2000 miles: Running on one cylinder every now and then. Cleans out after a while. Take to dealer. "Everything checks out, have fun, destroy nature, and don't forget to wear a half helmet that's non-dot approved."

2100 miles: One cylinder again. Plug has crack in porcelain, Ride 36 year old 350 Honda to Harley of Glendale, buy as many plugs as I can. Runs fine now.

2300 miles: Warming up bike has terrible stink like a garbage barge. Rear fouls again. Did I put diesel in it by mistake? Pee u. Change BOTH plugs, rune fine again. For a while.

2500 miles: Take to HD of Glendale. ECM? TPS? LSD? LSMFT? Who knows. Get bike back in a week and it runs ok. Get the standard Glendale HD line again "Nah, nothin's wrong, blah blah..."

2500-3800 miles: Runs great, ride it as much as I can. All broken in now and the neatest bike I've ever owned. Go out in the garage and stare at it. Start it up just to hear the off beat idle. I'm in love.

3800 miles: Kickstand bolt breaks, bike leans WAY over at Bob's Big Boy on Friday night. Won't shift beacuse the kickstand is now intruding on the shifter. How embarrasing. Ride DT1 to Glendale HD, get nasty looks. Buy the bolt, do it myself.

4000 miles: Starts to stink again, runs kinda funny down low now. Glendale HD assures me it's just my imaginaiton and they'll check it out at the 5K service.

4000-4800 miles: Runs fine, gets kinda hot though. Going to synthetic next oil change, say it take 30 degrees off the oil temp. Seat get's real hot from close proximity to rear cylinder. Roasted buns & odd burning sensations. Stand up on pegs a lot...phew I'm sweating...

I don't know KP, I've got lots of bikes, and if one breaks I just jump on another one. This one's been kind of funny, new-bike wise. I'm sure a Jap bike wouldn't have given me as much trouble. But that being said I wouldn't change a thing. It's a keeper. And when it goes off warranty the hop up kit I bought will be installed by me. All you need is a DVOM (I hope...)

Also keep an eye on the oil level if you run it hard. It is, after all a Harley Sporster based machine.

Have fun.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:22 AM   #69
johnnyb
Founding Member

I would go for the 9 myself. Runs smoother than the 12, revs 700 rpm further and feels just about as fast as the big one. Also cheeeeaperrrrr...

also no way do you want the R, you want the S.

Miss Cuddy u musta got a lemon. U could get eric buell on the phone i bet. i would call him. none of the buells i put miles on ever fouled plugs. U sure you didn't accidentally pour balsamic vinegar/oil dressing in gas tank?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:40 AM   #70
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

No, at first I thought I'd gotten a tank of putrid gas, but after it happened a second time...

You can bet a well crafted letter will go out to Eric and the gang if the HD dealer can't make it right at the 5k soivice. I've given up on Glendale HD btw, taking it to Calif HD in Harbor City. They seem more Buellish.

Did you ever get the hot seat/frame effect?