Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #21
ValkBandit
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 473
Default bush/cheney stickeys

haven't you heard? bush/cheney stickers are obsolete.



there is a rumor that comedian jerry lewis is coming out of retirement to seek the nomination because republicans won't trust anyone with an IQ larger than that of the average turnip.



"you are either for us or against us. and if you are against us we will find an excuse to shoot you."
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2006, 12:38 PM   #22
BillyO
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Default Re: Calling all Buellers

I have ridden the XB12R and found it a great road bike for people 5`9" or so.

I`m 6`2" and it was confining.

I owned a Cyclone M2 low. Twas a nice Bike.

For my money a Ducati Monster or 1000 Supersport would be more exciting.

I had a Duke 1000 SS and it was among the best.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #23
pdad13
Founding Member
 
pdad13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Calling all Buellers

Midnight black with Cherry Bomb is the...eh...bomb.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #24
pdad13
Founding Member
 
pdad13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Calling all Buellers

You guys keep him on your coast, please.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #25
pdad13
Founding Member
 
pdad13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Calling all Buellers

KP, are you really serious about this or are you just flapping your gums about another bike that you won't really buy (Triumph Daytona, Victory 8-Ball, etc., etc.)?



If you actually go through with this I will extend my sincere congratulations as you will have a load of fun on that bike and it looks cool, too. Just remember that you WILL have to change your frame of reference; it'll be very different from your bike.



And for God's sake, make sure you get out and ride the thing, okay?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #26
Fenton
Founding Member

 
Fenton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 1,900
Default I gotta renew today.

This could be one of the all time best ride reports in the history of MO.

I do second the vote for the Uly. I rather have 90% of the performance and be comfy. Not to mention, I don't know how to use the other 10% anyway.

You better hurry up before all the twins die out.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default Don't forget

When you test ride it you will need to make an adjustment coming from an I4.



During our test I went from my MV Agusta to the Buell. In the beginning I kept banding the Buell off the rev limiter. My MV with its 13,000 rpm redline didn't start making power until about 7000. The Buell pulls from 2000 rpm and is incredibly easy to wheelie.



I started riding it a gear taller and the fun began.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #28
Fenton
Founding Member

 
Fenton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 1,900
Default I got $5

There is no chance there is going to be a new xb anywhere near kp's garage. I'll buy ya what ever you're drinking. Plus, we have yet to see the "reasoning" you know, "my bikes paid for, twins......etc."
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #29
eojmo
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 140
Default Re: Calling all Buellers

How does the Ulysses handle dirt back roads and is it ok in the comfort stakes with pillion and lugage?I run a BMW1150 GS and a Yamaha street bike at the moment,but am considering hiring or buying a Buell to tour the US and Canada.Also are there any better looking mufflers available than the car style can?
eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default Re: I got $5

I think you nailed that one on the noggin. Last week the world was going to hell in a handbasket. This week, a new Buell. What's next?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off