Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 07-25-2006, 06:07 PM   #91
brax4444
Registered Member

Default Re: Calling all Buellers

Come on, how about some optimistic humor posted by longride in this thread?
brax4444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #92
ksquid
Banned

I am still here though mscuddy's experience with his buell has me concerned....I am going to ride thing though before give up on it...The XB12R looks so diffferent and cool compared to everthing else out there and it sounds cool too...I am going over to bad weather bikers.com for more pep talk...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #93
DaveFla
Founding Member

Yeah, but kind of a bad idea moneywise. Just buying the windscreen, a pair of wheels and the air box cover (I could pull all the other decals) wouldn't cost much less than the $1199 Shifter custom paint set... probably about $900 retail.

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #94
DaveFla
Founding Member

Don't forget to look at SacBORG too, though the difference between them (in my admittedly limited experience) is a little like the difference between Philadelphia and Tombstone, circa 1885...

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #95
The_Boy
Registered Member

+1 on Dave S.

Dude goes WAY out of his way to help the Buell community.
The_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:11 AM   #96
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I would send it in, but the country is in such a bad state that I can't afford to either print it, or the postage to send it. Things are just horrible I tell ya. You know things are bad when the poor people have to wear regular jeans and trim their calling package minutes on their cell phone. It ain't fair I tell ya!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:44 AM   #97
christian_gates
Founding Member

That's, um, not how the economy works. You don't "own" the U.S. if you buy U.S. Government debt. You own a claim against future taxing or money-printing authority in the U.S. which is a very different thing.

While excessive spending could yield inflationary pressure in the future, keep in mind that government spending in the U.S. represents about 30% of GDP, of which about 20% is Federal and the remainder is state and local. We're running deficits now, although they have been shrinking since the impact of the last round of tax cuts has washed through the economy.

By way of comparison, public sector spending in France is over 50%.

Our national debt, by comparison, is about 65% of GDP. Germany runs 68%, France 68%, and the UK, about 40%.

The Wikipedia entry has a nice chart of its trend of the historical values. In the "modern" era (income tax), it's been as high as 120% (WWII) and as low as about 38% - during late 1970s / early 1980s stagflation.

You can see on the chart that it varied between about 60% and 65% through the 1990s, with a dip around 1999 / 2000 and then a spike thereafter coincident with the recession triggered by the tech. collapse.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:02 AM   #98
seruzawa
The Toad

Don't try to confuse the issue with facts. Political control requires that the public be kept in a constant state of fear and turbulence so that political figures can offer "solutions". Naturally these "solutions" require that citizens competely subordinate their lives to their "saviors".... who happen to be the ones who created the entire mess.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:04 AM   #99
seruzawa
The Toad

The average poor person has a car, a 33" TV, a microwave, a cell phones and cable/satellite TV.

I feel so sorry for people who discover that they can't afford Harvard and have to send their kids to a State University. Horrors! Something must be done!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #100
sarnali
Founding Member

Hey my bro just bought an XB9R, I think his face cracked from grinnin' so much. Totaly cool bike I think
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote