Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 07-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #61
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh it is On McWilliams is Ready for Laguna

What? Is that it? No more Buell Bile? That's right u mutts it is time to shut up...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #62
bmwdude
Founding Member

"Buell Bile", good one!!

Speaking, hopefully not out of turn, for all us "mutts". We want nothing more than to see the Buells start to kick butt. But, that's not going to happen until the engine issues are worked out. Either by fixing the current set up or building/buying a new engine.

Eric seems to be a really smart fellow, it astounds me that he appears to be missing this fact?!
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #63
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Courage

Taking the HD out of Buell would be like taking the APE out of apricots. The Aunt Jemimah out of syrup. The E Plurbis out of Unim.

Eric is a smart fellow, and judging by Buell sales lately he's giving people like me something that's not avaialble en mass.

Now taste the whip and bleed for me!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #64
johnnyb
Founding Member

I need to see some I.D. RIGHT NOW MISTER! your name is going on the list...
Old 07-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #65
johnnyb
Founding Member

I wonder what all these people will say when EB does come out with an all-new kick-ass engine? U know something is in the works possibly a turbine or Wankel of some kind...
Old 07-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #66
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Oh they'll dis that too, saying it's a copy of something or it smells funny or isn't the right color.

It won't be an inline four, you can bet on that. Maybe a V-3? Yeah. Stick another cylinder in there...
Old 07-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #67
johnnyb
Founding Member

U ever ride a Triumph triple? they are about coolest sounding engines ever. A V3 would be something else entirely i bet. And i got nothing to go on but i bet new Honda GP bike will be one. Buell will probly go W3 tho just to be different.

I am no businessman but didn't H-D just report best earnings in history of internal combustion or something? U know Buell is working on something. Probly nobody is as tired of Sportster as EB hisself i wager.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #68
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

It does boggle the mind. You know every possible piston engine configutation had been tried by 1925. Overhead cams, sleeve valves, roatry valves, 4 valves, 5 valves, no valves.

I'd say it'll be an Uber-Sportster motor with OHC, water cooling and a gear driven primary.

Or a twingle like my Puch.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #69
johnnyb
Founding Member

When u say "twingle like my Puch" it makes me want to touch myself...

I think EB should have been given a medal at some point for bringing the old beast to its present form.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #70
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

On looks alone...hey, I just discovered teenager repellent.

My kid and her friends just barged into my home-office-bar looking for CDs and I ran them off with Vanilla Ice lyrics.

So take heed 'cause I'm a lyrical poet, LA is the scene in case 'ya didn't know it.

Word.