Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 07-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #61
gforces
Founding Member

Default Buell Firebolt 88.20

Well, the numbers don't lie, eh? I like em Buells!
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #62
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell at Laguna Seca.

Laguna's been smoothed out and neutered for the GP whiners...don'tcha know Rossi wouldn't come back if they didn't do it?
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:29 PM   #63
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Completely agree

I didn't see supersize, but I definitely buy the food guys setting us up for the drug companies. I don't think they have a conspiracy, I just think it all fits together a little too neatly. For some reason, our bodies react positively to processed crap, even while it is killing us. Which leads us from being good processed food consumers to good medical industry consumers. Start young with TV, funnel the consumers into fast foods, piece of crap transpo options, keep em alive long enough to leverage a ton of medical money out of them: it's all good to corporate world.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #64
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: It's not the carbs...

That's right, attack with stupid soundbite logic. If you don't like his conclusions, you can make a much stronger point by being civil instead of racking up cute rhetoric points.

Just because we started washing our hands and installing running water and sanitary plumbing is no reason to knock a guy calling out the US's bad eating habits. You checked out how freaking fat Americans are lately?

PS Back in the day, some hardy folks were living as long as the longest we have today; you might call that situation natural selection. Evolution, even. The weak perish and the strong survive.

We're all going to die. I'm not so sure the US fascination with the medical industry is such a good idea.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #65
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Glass houses, pal

How long does it take your ass to unpucker after riding with all your weight on it? Why stick your legs out in front of you? To paraphrase the great one (johnnyb), if that riding position is so wonderful how come we don't see statues of great cavalrymen riding with their ankles up by the horses ears? One of the reasons I like Buells is that your feet actually take some of your body weight, unlike HD.

Of course, even after enjoying my Buell test ride, I don't think I can own one until I can sit on it at a stop light without losing my fillings. I know it smooths out when you get going, but that shaking! It's a complete joke. Give me a 90 degree twin or a counterbalanced engine any day.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #66
Fenton
Founding Member

Better yet, read 'Fast Food Nation'
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #67
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

People probably weren't dying of heart attacks and dementia. Sure the life span has increased but that is because they keep people artificially alive in nursing homes.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:41 AM   #68
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Glass houses, pal

My Glide has an upright position.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:18 AM   #69
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: O yes Buell's first big win...

Where's bigdx?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:50 AM   #70
davidhaner
Founding Member

It aint evolution, they all lived long enough to breed even if they died young. Thus, this forum.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote