Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Buell News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/)
-   -   Buell at Road America (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/3644-buell-road-america.html)

Buzglyd 06-06-2006 01:14 PM

Re: It's obvious really

So are your skills closer to a GPTB member or Colin Edwards?

I'm dyin' to know.

ksquid 06-06-2006 01:35 PM

Colin of course.. :)

rashomon 06-06-2006 03:10 PM

Re: Buell at Road America

Going. July will be good, August better.

seruzawa 06-06-2006 03:15 PM

It must be wonderful to live in a universe where all facts that don't fit your preconceived opinions are automatically false.

sarnali 06-06-2006 04:38 PM

Everyone knows sidevalve V-twins are the most powerful engines, and rigid frames hold the corners better, they had to quit makin' them because they were so powerful no one could control them.

That's why 120 in. choppers with rigid frames are so good, they need the long front ends to keep them on the ground.

The_Boy 06-06-2006 08:01 PM

Geez, all this hostility toward Buell.

If anything we should be giving them props for what they are doing on their limited budget. In fact I would bet Buell as an entire company has a budget less than just the racing program of Honda.

For anyone who has ridden a Buell (I just brought an cityx because of this damn site) it is amazing what they have done with the limited staff they have.

Now if Harley starts to release the purse strings, things will get interesting.

If only one thing we should all remember never count out a crazy American with an open check book. (think moon landing)

The_Aerodynamic_Head 06-06-2006 08:45 PM

You mean the moon landing they staged at Meteor Crater in the New Mexico desert? *Those* crazy Americans with the open checkbook? You Buell riders are insane. Next you'll be telling us the Earth is round or singles and twins are better for the street or some other such nonsense. Moon landing indeed!

The_Aerodynamic_Head 06-06-2006 08:52 PM

How much of all this is the rider? What is the likelihood that Buell would have gone faster/finished better with DiSalvo or Gobert onboard?

Dave Estok is great and all, but his skill level (while much higher than my own) is essentaily that of a very very good WERA/CCS racer. Pascal Picotte blew. He finally got a non-Harley ride, and couldn't convert.

I'll give them this: there were no mechanical DNFs.

ksquid 06-07-2006 05:27 AM

Yes it is.... la la la la

johnnyb 06-07-2006 05:30 AM

so young so angry. Damn that rap music. Be fun to see response when Buell gets on the box. Budget wise I know all the big Japanese teams tested new track in Utah, wonder if Buell was there? I doubt it...

with a Hacking or T. Hayden on there, who knows? they cost money. Y Harley will not part with a little is the greatest mystery, tho if Buell gets close a couple times maybe ???

with all doo respect to Crevier and them...