Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 03-15-2006, 06:19 AM   #11
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: I have received a note from Buell...

Buell plastic is pretty cheap. Get the black one as soon as it gets in, and change the color later! Don't waste any riding time! The roads in Europe are just too great!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2006, 06:28 AM   #12
adaleb
Registered Member

If you are 5'11", definatley get the new XB12SS Long. This is a very comfortable bike, and worth the differences for someone over 5'8".

Buy the black bike now, then order the airbox cover, flyscreen and front fender later.

I own an older tube frame Buell, and relatively speaking, parts for Buells are very inexpensive.

Also, the dealer will probably knock 10-15% off the price of the new plastic when you order it.....
adaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:52 PM   #13
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

If you are over 5'10" you will definitely NOT want the scg. Just get the black and find your inner Johnny Cash.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #14
BrineUSAF
Founding Member

Well... tomorrow will be judgement day; at this point I am leaning towards the black bike, so I can get on the road sooner. As far as purchasing new plastic goes, I doubt it. If I were going to replace everything I would want carbon fiber, and my pockets are a little shallow for all that. What I am considering, is during next winter is removing the plastic and taking to have it custom painted; so I can stand out a little bit from the rest of the crowd.

Is anyone aware of whether or not the Pro-Series Race Kit voids the 5yr/Unlimited Mileage Extended Service Plan?

Additionally, I appreciate everyone's concern and willingness to assist me. What's the chance of someone in here being located in Germany and willing to get together for some scenic rides?
BrineUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #15
cheddarlump
Founding Member

I think it's hilarious that I as an American love german bikes, and you're waiting to get a Buell in Germany. Grass is always greener..

cheddarlump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:01 PM   #16
BrineUSAF
Founding Member

Indeed it is. I too as an American love Germa.... wait.... disregard.... if it rocks two- wheels I'll take it, regardless of origin; but I prefer American Made. Push comes to shove a bike is a bike, enjoy it! You own a German Bike?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #17
HornetRider
Founding Member

don't you know black Buells are faster bro. I just got a black Uly. Way better than that wussy orange one. Hey hope you have as much fun as I'm having. They are a alot of fun.
HornetRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:30 PM   #18
BrineUSAF
Founding Member

I've read the black paint is thinner, and is slightly smoother; thus allowing for lighter weight and less resistance (joking). Sounds like you're having a blast, I sure hope I can share in the Buell experience as well. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:33 PM   #19
BrineUSAF
Founding Member

Unless they are going to offer me a discount to compete with the -630 off MSRP that Buell is giving me then I doubt it... sorry.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #20
DaveFla
Founding Member

Default Black Buells can grow on you...

In July my XB12R will be two years old. But my disappointment at missing the last red one in my dealer's stock didn't last through break-in. Of course, if I find a bodywork set on eBay in that blue they introduced in 2005, I might have a black set for sale.

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote