Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 02-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #21
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell At Daytona

I could own (and nearly did) an M2. Do those Sportsters have sticky trannys when trying to find neutral? The ones I rode (both of them) did.

Or do you do as my friend does riding his Triumph 750 Bonne. Neutral? I just hold the clutch it at the light.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #22
Tigercub
Founding Member

Speed TV should have it. The Daytona 200 has gotton as high up the ladder as ESPN2 a couple of years. Check your Sunday Paper TV magazine listings next week. Otherwise, check Cycle News - it's in there. Be careful, some cable outfits rebroadcast races later. They really jerk the WSB and MotoGP around but usually the Daytona is broadcast live. Thank God it's between all the major sports seasons!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #23
nweaver
Founding Member

The rules were written for buell two years ago and the best they finished was dismal...

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #24
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Oh Please Stop with the B.S. Unfair UnAmerican

""We started with our Buell Firebolt XB12R model, which has wonderful handling, and did the modifications allowed by the AMA rules," said Buell. "

Right we started with a Buell Firebolt (1203cc) then we gave it a new larger engine (1339cc ) , new fairing, new etc...

So OK if I am Suzuiki can I take a 600 stuff a 750 cc engine in it and race against the Buell. No Mr. Yamaha We are American bigots Only American made bikes get to have their own rules i.e. no rules. If this was a European/Japanese vendor doing this in a European/Japanese Race you Buellers would be all over it as being unfair.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #25
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Man that Wisc. cheese must have been good. Or was it the hooker in Milwaukee..
Old 02-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #26
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Buell is buying and cheating

Huh Buell is buying and cheating...
Old 02-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #27
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Suzuki should enter 750s masked as 600s Mladin wins easily. 636 ZX-7R Kawasaki ....

I think under protest Suzuki should race 750s as 600s. Even if disqualified they would win and prove a point.......Kawasaki should enter 636 then the T. Hayden and Eric Bostrom win....Heck bring the ZX-7R out of retirement....
Old 02-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #28
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Honda beat Ducati, should they beat Buell now.. would the AMA let them

You think Honda will build a air-cooled V-Twin just to show it can beat the Buell like they did to liquid cooled RC51 over the Ducati 998...
Old 02-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #29
FrankS1
Founding Member

Wouldn't it be a real hoot if the AMA re-introduced the claiming rules which were in effect (for a while) in the days of class "C" racing? I can hear the wails of protest from both Buell and Honda.. And the cries of delight from privateers with fairly deep pockets.

At least Buell is not furnishing truly special parts to only the Factory Team, but is making at least a limited number of such goodies available to a larger group - though maximum of 50 machines still seems kind of a small number.
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #30
tomk2
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh Please Stop with the B.S. Unfair UnAmerican

OK but to comply with the rules you'll need to ditch the liquid cooling...
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote