Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Buell News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/)
-   -   Race-Use-Only Bike Brings Buell Full Circle. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/3269-race-use-only-bike-brings-buell-full-circle.html)

teknoman 01-23-2006 11:15 AM

Re: Race-Use-Only Bike Brings Buell Full Circle.

And props to H-D for giving Erik and crew some cash and back up.Imay have to go down to my local H-D guys and check out one of those Firebolts...

longride 01-23-2006 11:26 AM

Could be competitive instead of needing it's own class???? Don't special rules make this thing even able to run on the same track with 600's?? Gee, isn't it a 1200 competing against 600's?? Am I missing something here? Are you really dense, or do you just act like that here?? Wouldn't a lightly modified, 8500 buck R6 run this thing into the weeds?? I guess I really DO need to be a liberal to see how 1200cc against 600cc is the same class. I guess you need to be simple and knee-jerk to see the irony of the duplicity of your thinking. If ignorance is bliss, you gotta be the happiest MF'er on the planet! This just in. The Buell is overpriced, slow, and unless they have special allowance for motor size, it ain't got a class. Get it Slick Willie??

Neal 01-23-2006 11:46 AM

lessee...if Burns is a kneejerk liberal who disdains the harley drag racer but likes the Buell RR,and you're a kneejerk Consrvative who likes the HD dragracer but disdains the Buell RR,then I must be a kneejerk moderate cause I like em both(LOL). Anything that brings variety to the race grids (and hopefully the podiums) is welcome to me. I would assume that the formula Xtreme 600 cc racers cost closer to 30K than the 10 K stockers but it really doesnt matter to me as a spectator. If this bike competes in the daytona 200, I may actually attend for the first time in several years...Im not really into watching hondas race each other but if Buell has a chance for a podium it could be fun. Politics and liberal vs.conservative rhetoric isnt important here.....I ride and race motorcycles and follow racing for fun ,and if unequal rules and games playing results in more competitiveness,thats fun and I'm all for it. And that applies to NHRA Pro stock or AMA road racing.

Mike_L 01-23-2006 11:50 AM

This just in: Displacement is not the end-all factor for determining engine performance.

Care to cry about the 990cc 4-strokes racing against 500cc 2-strokes?

Neal 01-23-2006 11:54 AM

And that was a good one LR....brought me out of hibernation LMAO!!!!

longride 01-23-2006 11:58 AM

"This just in: Displacement is not the end-all factor for determining engine performance"

Really? Are you a rocket scientist?? Explain to me how a 30 grand twin is better than an 8500 buck 600 inline four. Think about it real hard.

longride 01-23-2006 12:00 PM

The only point I was making is how JB could rag H-D so hard for their 30 G drag racer, and kiss Eric full on the lips for making basically the same thing. Since he realy has no reason for it he has to then attack something other than the truth. It's the liberal way.

maladg 01-23-2006 12:04 PM

I wish em well. Maybe if they sell a few, a better price?

Hmmm, I wonder how many go fast parts will trickle down to the street line. And I wonder if this is one of the unsaid reasons for the program?

Mike_L 01-23-2006 12:27 PM

Scroll up, tough guy. You're the one that claimed the Buell had an unfair displacement. Now you want to switch the debate to price. Backpedal much?

Put down the pipe, no one races an $8500 bike in FX. According to RRW, the Duhamel's FX bike is closer to $40k-$50k. For Buell to sell a competitive bike to privateers for $30k is a bargain.

smathai 01-23-2006 12:42 PM

AMA Formula Xtreme:

450cc-600cc four-stroke, multi-cylinder;

595cc-750cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled, twin-cylinder;

850cc-1350cc four-stroke, air-cooled, twin-cylinder