Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 09-28-2005, 04:17 PM   #41
rock06r
Founding Member

Default Three words

DUAL COMPOUND TIRES.
rock06r is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2005, 03:14 AM   #42
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Touring on a Buell XB9/12 ?

I stopped by local Buell dealer (who is really a boutique Harley dealer) to see a Ulysses. The only Buells in the shop were two B-lasts. I ask the kind woman at the counter for some info on the Ulysses and she got a puzzled look on her face. She then turned to the sales rep and she proudly brought me a cute little Buell brochure that included a DVD. The sales rep then turned and walked away. I looked through the brochure and there was virtually nothing of value in it about any Buell model. My hopes were on the DVD. When I got to my PC to open it, it was just a repeat of the stupid brochure. I felt like Ralphy decoding the Ovaltine message. Needless to say this dealer really sucks. And I really wanted to buy American. Now I have to travel 70 miles to the next nearest dealer. There is one other shop closer but it's owned my local dealer. Fukk 'em all. I'll keep riding what I have.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:56 AM   #43
bross
Registered Member

I don't get great service from the sales staff at my local HD shop and only Buell dealer, but who cares! They have 4 Uly's in stock, I'm demoing one today and after I buy it, they'll probably never see me again as I do all my own maintenance. So as long as they can get parts for me when I need them, I'm happy. Don't need a great dealer to ride the bike you want, although it is nice if you need service.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:07 AM   #44
SRMark
Founding Member

Oh, I never intended to let those chuckle heads touch my bike. I just wanted to find out something more than I already did about the bike, which was a bunch more than those yoyos knew. I was brought up with, educated in and teach today, the principles of customer focus. Those dumb bastards have had cataract surgery on their sales eyes and need coke-bottle lenses to be able to focus on a customer. Competition is too fierce for me to be willing to put up with that kind of crap. Especially with Yamaha coming out with a new FZ.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #45
crevans
Founding Member

Default Re: This is gonna sound soooo stupid...but...

I love my wing. I did about 6000 miles on it in an 8 day trip out to southern Utah this summer, including a 1012 mile day the first day from Atlanta, GA to Ft. Worth, TX. Average mileage for the trip was about 50mpg. In the city, under 50mph, I average around 55mpg. The seat is definitely comfortable, but it's a little cramped for those of us over 6'. Fortunately, there are many cheap and easy seat mods you can do.

It's quick off the line, but I just about laughed my head off when you mentioned outaccelerating a 'Busa. Granted, with the CVT you can launch in the blink of an eye, but as far as say 0-60, it's more like a reasonably quick cruiser.

I ride the thing every day, all year and it's been bulletproof so far. Leans better than a cruiser, dead simple to ride at slow speeds in heavy traffic, small enough to get in between cars if you need to, and 55 liters of storage under the seat - you don't really even need luggage for most trips. Highly recommended.
crevans is offline   Reply With Quote