Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 03:55 PM   #81
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default pathetic

Looks like someone moderated themselves up to five. Everytime you moderate yourself, God kills a kitten.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2004, 04:00 PM   #82
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Predictions from the Great One

BTW you ever put any cash on any of your predictions? Like any of your pre-election prognosticating?
Old 11-21-2004, 04:14 PM   #83
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: In answer to, good,sarnali...

YES!!! I've been dreaming about that puppy ever since I first read the rumor. OH PLEASE Aprilia, build me that 450!
Old 11-21-2004, 04:22 PM   #84
jungkvist
Founding Member

Finally, a reason to buy a B-Last.

Will the blessings, of this administration, never end?

Next thing ya know, weÂ’ll be saving grease-drippings to make candles, and be thankful for it; that is, unless you happen to own stock in Haliburton, or a Military Contractor.

Damn! There I went: p!ssed off, and off topic.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:34 PM   #85
jungkvist
Founding Member

I hear, Hunter S. Thompson bet a bundle and lost his shirt, on the election.

Me? Murphy's got my name on his speed-dialer, so I never bet on anything; especially if it's a sure thing. You'd be hard pressed to get me to put five bucks on the sun coming up tomorow.

Though, I might put a ten-spot on the chances of Kpaul annoying someone
Old 11-21-2004, 04:40 PM   #86
pated
Registered Member

Fortunately, the majority of the American population disagrees with you kpaul.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:51 PM   #87
jungkvist
Founding Member

Ergo: Harleys...Popular!
Old 11-21-2004, 04:52 PM   #88
nbyers
Registered Member

Default A Buell Cruiser?

I think a Buell cruiser is a non-starter (as it were) if for no other reason than Buells are sold in HD shops. Why introduce a new cruiser that takes customers from HD and sell it right alongside the HD stuff? Doesn't make sense to me. People walking into a HD store looking for a cruiser want a freakin' real steel, raked out, 850 pound Harley, not a Buell. And probably some matching fringed Harley arm chaps from the Motorclothes line.

But this point's been made on this very forum above.

Here's what I see time and again. The people on this forum, who I think are a representative slice of motorcyclists who are generally not cruiser riders and are bright enough to operate computers, are fascinated with Buells.

As evidence I offer the sheer number of posts than happen whenever the lead story is about Buells. This is the 86th post on a crazy lead story (no offense jungkvist) about Buell building a cruiser! Holy crap! Is anyone at Buell watching?

We (this readership) want to like Buells. I'd go further to say that if Buell was to build a bike that was as good in its niche as the Triumph Speed Triple, many of us would buy them and ride them proudly and create and join internet usergroups and park them in our living rooms.

Well, my wife would have a thing or two to say about parking a bike in the living room. But you get the drift.

I test-rode both the 9S and the 9R. And they were different, and fun. But they are focused. Boy are they focused. Little bitty bikes with no back seats and basically no fairings.

The heck with building a cruiser. I think Buell ought to build a sport-tourer. An XB12ST with a real fairing (but not so much fairing that they hide that way-cool frame and the engine). An XB12ST with factory hard bags and a real back seat. With a real grab rail for your touring partner. The frame would have to hold another 6 liters of fuel, so it would have to be a little bigger.

The platform should be a good one. Test an XB12R against a Japanese literbike and it's no contest. Even against a Ducati 1000DS the XB12R has a tough time. But the XB12R is about as fast as a Honda VFR, and faster than a sport-tourer like my BMW R1100S, already.

And please, Erik, don't forget the fairing and frame tipover protection straight from the factory, OK?

Old 11-21-2004, 05:59 PM   #89
koz5150
Founding Member

Default Re: A Buell Cruiser? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way.

Before making comments check your history... Buell used to make the ST3 model which was a sport touring bike. It just wasn't popular to continue.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:41 PM   #90
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Yeah, but...

The ST3 was based on the old steel-tube frame chassis. It was nothing like the new gas-in-the-frame Buells in handling or especially in reliability.

One reason the ST3 may not have sold well is that no one wants a sport-touring bike that may leave you stranded.

The new XB's are a world ahead in terms of reliability. Especially the XB12's.
Closed Thread