Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Buell News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/)
-   -   A Buell Cruiser? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/2582-buell-cruiser-hey-could-happen-if-i-had-my-way.html)

longride 11-20-2004 07:30 AM

Buell Chopper

Don't need to do all that. Redneck Engineering has a Buell chopper frame and kit that is pretty f&ckin cool.
Check This Out

SeanAlexander 11-20-2004 07:43 AM

Re: buzglyd

Buzz's question was meant to be funny (and kinda was) and Junkvists' response was spot-on.

I spent several days on a new 1200GS in all kinds of riding conditions, including high speed sideways dirt antics, boulder filled riverbeds, canyon sportbike scratching, in-town riding and long freeway droning. The 1200GS handled all of those situations with aplomb. -Sean

SeanAlexander 11-20-2004 07:51 AM

Re: I have heard...

Fact: 120Hp is quite possible from a Sportster based mill. Fact: 120Hp sportster motors are not reliable for more than about 6 races (or a year of street riding). I wouldn't want a streetbike with a 120Hp Sportster motor, because I'd be wondering when the crank, or rods, or valves, or.... would let go. -Sean

P.S. it would be fun while it lasted.

SeanAlexander 11-20-2004 07:52 AM

Re: A Buell Crusier? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way.

Bingo!

SeanAlexander 11-20-2004 07:54 AM

Re: Buell Chopper

Yeah! Just imagine the performance of that Buell Chopper (snicker).

longride 11-20-2004 07:58 AM

Tough audience!

jungkvist 11-20-2004 08:01 AM

In answer to, good,sarnali...

In answer to, Good, sarnale: A question, I have...What, exactly, would that, Excellent, Harley touring-platform be?

While a Sportster might be an fine, entry-level standard- motorcycle, it is not, by any stretch of my imagination, what I would call sporty, or a tourer, considering that a FZ600 could whip up on a Sportster, any day of the week, then, travel several hundred miles, while the Sporty-rider is trying to get feeling back into his lower extremities.

Eccentric, though it may be, I do believe we might want similar things. However, my idea of a touring bike, is probably different from yours.

jungkvist 11-20-2004 08:05 AM

Re: A Buell Crusier? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way.

Yeah, well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

jungkvist 11-20-2004 08:07 AM

No Sh!T!

sarnali 11-20-2004 08:27 AM

Re: In answer to, good,sarnali...

The Road Glide in particular is a roomy good handling and comfy touring bike, and the Ultra Glide Classic is also tops in touring comfort while maintaining a sense that you're on a bike, instead of a two wheeled Acura.

The only real complaint with either one is that they're on the under powered side stock. The VRod engine shoehorned into that frame, or a VRod engine and frame configured for touring would address that issue.

As to Sportsters, the newest version 1200 has been tested by MO and most other puplications and has been found to put that paintshaker myth to bed quite nicely. The '78 XLH I had cranked out more than a few 300 mile days, which isn't much for a touring or sport touring bike, but was still no problem, and for me, I think, would be more comfortable than the hi-frequency vibration of a 600-4 cyl. which the FZ600 has been noted for.