Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 05:49 AM   #171
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: A Buell Cruiser? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way.

Ya think I'm nut...Ya ever see some of the stuff they build on American Chopper, and sell for the price of a small house (where I live)?

Most of the stuff those guys build looks like it came from the prop department of the last Addams Family film.

Anyone who want to pay that kind of money to ride down the road in something that looks like a Bird-Bath, is a lot crazier than me...least I hope so.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go take my meds.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2004, 06:28 AM   #172
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default How about some new grist for the mill.

Man! This horse is dead and half way to McDonalds (don't anybody even think about posting a comment about McDs).

Hey, MO! How 'bout something new to *****&moan about. Us curmudgeons are getting restless.

Keep it up and I'll have to get a life.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:33 AM   #173
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Some Homework for you, Dr. Gates

How ´bout drawing more graphs:

- government deficit

- government debt

- military spending

- dollar value

- oil prices

- number of crackpot Arabs totally pissed by US

- cruiz-euro
Old 11-23-2004, 08:08 AM   #174
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Making Jeebus cry, redux

I happen to like grapefruit. Kindly quit insulting it please. VWW
Old 11-23-2004, 08:30 AM   #175
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Making Jeebus cry, redux

Oh, yeah, sorry, Van. You're right.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:34 AM   #176
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Some Homework for Kpaul

The federal debt under the first Bush went from 2.6 trillion to a little over 4 trillion. Clinton expanded the debt from about 4 trillion to about 5.5 trillion in 8 years. Our beloved Bush junior expanded the debt from about 5.5 trillion to 7.4 trillion in 4 years and is getting a hike in the debt ceiling to 8.2trillion just this year! I think republican federal spending actually helps the democrats since they get voted in when inflation goes up because of the high federal spending and cut in taxes.

Actually, G. H. W. Bush raised the capitol gains tax to 28%. Clinton lowered it to 20% and G.W. lowered it further to 15%. G.W. will also raise taxes to slow expansion of the federal debt and put a lid on inflation.

I can no longer tell a democrat from a republican!
Old 11-23-2004, 09:08 AM   #177
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: B Red State Pal

i'll ask again: are we spending 10 million a week or 10 billion a week?

Old 11-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #178
maladg
Registered Member

Buell cruisers, HD sportbikes, Dem econ talking points, NPR/Dem econ talking points, Warren Buffett as Jesus incarnate re Macro Econ expert, Hunter S Thompson (once wildly funny, now merely tired and sooo 1975), Kook who thinks we are spending 10 billion (or is it million -hint: both are wrong) a week in Iraq....the mind boggles.

Agreed - lets get a new nutty topic rolling. Let the economic ignorance and NPR/DEM & Republicrat talking points reign!

Fellow Morons: my predictions

1. Our economy will ALWAYS be in deep shyite! I know this because headlines tell me so.

2. The WSJ and SmartMoney mag (and lots of others) are right - oil prices will drop...below $30/bbl and sooner rather than later.

3. Then oil prices will rise, then fall, then rise...

4. Oil will be replaced as a primary fuel when it is time - not before it is time and not after it is time.

5. OASHDI (ie SSA) will be fixed, but probably not in the current election cycle - see Susan Lee is today's WSJ. If anyone of you actually knows anything of the subject - and I have yet to see any evidence other than that we have a few dedicated NPR listeners - you know the fixes are pretty straighforward. And the retirement age will have to go up, etc...

6. Red states vs Blue states is just dumb. It is not now nor has it ever been that simple. The good ole USA is a big, messy and complicated place. Thank the good lord (excuuuuse me for the "red state" saying) that this country is as complex and unpredictable as it is!

7. The falling dollar is NOT forever. It will rise again. And it will fall again....The American economy is the worlds most robust and creative....and it is overtaxed, but not by Eurostandards. Oh, and another thing (warning - devotees of the "sage of Omaha" MIGHT be offended) - Euro states are cutting taxes on investments - like dividends - all over the place. The move to Euroland tax harmony is as dead as disco.

8. Someday some smart reporter (is that an oxymoron?) will FINALLY determine that the skill set to id and make long term investments in undervalued companies (this used to be called Value investing) is NOT the same skill set that is needed to set tax policy, encourage dynamic and "creative distruction'...ooops - I better not be quoting any Austrian School economist. Might find my economic liberterian bloomers showing....

9. There will be no Buell cruiser anytime soon.

10. And no HD sport bikes anytime soon.

and finally...just to hose off you know who:

11. And not only is there no "global warming", we are tipping into a 30 to 40 year cooling cycle.

Hopefully that all stirred the pot a bit!

But, be warned...generations do change and marketing paradigms that reflect that gen do, too.

Just though the group could not possibly do without another loooooong and possibly uninformed harangue!
Old 11-23-2004, 10:02 AM   #179
jungkvist
Founding Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...Huh...Oh...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ