Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 07:31 PM   #161
tomhorn
Registered Member

Default Re: A Buell Cruiser? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way.

Yes, you are crazy, no ifs, ands or whats about it. Next, someone will suggest making a Softtail into a sportbike.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2004, 07:37 PM   #162
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: A HA HA HEE

Like it or not, we, as a country, are in debt up to our eye-teeth, and there's not end in sight.

I am no ecnomic wizard, but when I listen to NPR and hear Allen Greenspan say that, in effect, we are in Deep Sh!T, I tend to take it seriously.

While I consider myself a moderate, I have witnessed so many dirty tricks played by this admistration that I have become dumfounded.

Since, anyone, within this administration, who has differed with the President has been gotten rid of; there seems to be an ideological single-mindedness that is, to say the least, scary.

When an administration gets rid of a National Security Adviser, then blows the cover of his wife (a CIA operative) as a warning to others who disagree...Well, if that's not slimy, I don't know what is.

And, anyone who believes, for one second, that the Swift Boat Boys weren't in Mr. Bush's employ, is, at best, nieve.

As far as the war goes: Sun Su believed that if you got as far as armed conflict, you had essentially failed.

Sun Su also believed, one spy could be worth thousands of men. Mr, Bush had over forty pieces of intelligence, cross his desk, warning of terrorist activity, that he ignored.

That, leads me to conclude that Mr, Bush is either a fool, or wanted this war in the first place. If the latter is the case, I truly doubt, he ever imagined the horror of 9/11; but, it didn't stop him from using it as a recuriting poster.

Say what you like about Bill Clinton, he was not an ideologue, but a pragmatist. He was also a brilliant politician, who other world leaders had confidence in. Like it, or not, the United States is not now, and never has been, powerful enough to stand alone in the World.

It appears that, out of fear and uncertainty, much of the electorate wants to take refuge with, what is percieved to be, a "Strong-Man."

This is common behavior, by a people who are frieghtened.

While I have no problem with a person of strong beliefs, history has too many examples of the danger of giving up objectivity, for security.

Mr. Bush might cut a striking image, as John Wayne, on an Aircraft Carrier; however, it might be a good idea to remember that John Wayne never existed. John Wayne was an actor, named Marian Morrison, and he was from Western Iowa, not the Old West.

Sorry, I'm afraid that we've been hoodwinded; and, someday, in the not too distant future, we are going to end up paying for it, for decades to come.

Sorry for going way, way, way off topic.

Now, I'll shut up.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:24 PM   #163
dylanmo
Founding Member

I have absolutely no idea why this comment is directed towards me. Have I been hoodwinded by Sun Tzu? Jungky, say anything you like and it's all Kool and the Gang, but dude - take it slower on the Berrylicious wine coolers. I'd also like to mention to no one in particular that I am available for consulting work at the low, low price of $100/hr - if anyone thinks that they have typed something infested with unnecessary commas and pselling errerz, let me know and I can fix them for you - cheap! Are your metaphors weird and clunky? Let me make them crisp and relevant! Why, you can't afford not to hire me!

Just farking with you, buddy. Still don't know why you're dropping all this science on me, though.

/Right, right!

/You're bloody well right

/You got a bloody right to saee it!
Old 11-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #164
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Predictions from the Great One

I'm running around the quad wearing only my pledge pin right now!

Okay, that's icky.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:09 AM   #165
jungkvist
Founding Member

Yeah, but the sovereign state of Texas wouldnÂ’t make much money on any of that.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:28 AM   #166
jungkvist
Founding Member

I wasn't aiming my comments at you. Yours just happened to be the post that I came across when I went off.

Sorry 'bout the punctuation. I do a good bit of songwriting so I tend to punctuate by rhythm rather than by rule. Unfortunately I sometimes work in 7/4 time . I do tend to get on my soapbox but believe me nobody laughs at me more than I do.

Old 11-23-2004, 03:34 AM   #167
jungkvist
Founding Member

And, I liked the Super Tramp. I'm listening to Dave Mathews now, so I better quit writing,or God only knows what things will turn out looking like
Old 11-23-2004, 03:47 AM   #168
maladg
Registered Member

Is that 10 million a week or 10 billion a week there o ultimate genius?
Old 11-23-2004, 05:22 AM   #170
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Making Jeebus cry, redux

Yeah, just as a goof, I finally decided to click on one of his "truth" links--it goes right to the W.J. Clinton web site. I decided not to address it. You can't reason with a madman...or a grapefruit.
Closed Thread