Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 03:49 AM   #102
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: Predictions from the Great One

Kpaul:

Please, if you wish to further, or illustrate, your point of view, it might be a good idea, not too Go-Off on people. I realize that the role of Agent Provocateur if fun, and all. However, when you assume that role, youÂ’re just shooting yourself in the foot. So, please, stop, shooting first and asking questions later, if you want anyone to take you seriously. YouÂ’re far from ignorant; however, you do tend to be waaay too emotional.

IÂ’m not being patronizing; I just think, that if you want to engage in some kind of meaningful dialogue, you should tone it down, a bit.

Kevin

Old 11-22-2004, 04:08 AM   #103
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: You're all wrong. Er, or maybe you're all right, sorta.

What is going to happen is what always happens after orversupply and a prices bubble: a market crash. H-D can have the mighties marketing machine but they can not escape the basic laws of capitalism.

First phase is that average selling time of a used H-D becomes exceedingly long. We are getting there now.

Then the prices start to slide. This is inevitable, if you have asked 13k for nine months, you are going to be pretty interested if someone shows 11k.

Then the new sales slow down, the value is just not there for those with basic math skills.

- cruiz-euro
Old 11-22-2004, 04:30 AM   #104
rhust
Founding Member

Default Re: A Buell Cruiser? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way.

A Buell cruiser? What's next - a Harley sportbike?
Old 11-22-2004, 04:33 AM   #105
ChicagoCruiser
Founding Member

Default Things must be really slow around MO this time of year.

Really scraping the bottom here gang, there's got to be something better to post than this.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:46 AM   #106
pdxgeek
Founding Member

Why the hell harley hasn't thrown the Revolution engine in a Buell is beyond my comprehension. The 110 minimum HP... its what 123 on the SVT V-RODs would put that Buell in competition with the ducks.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:54 AM   #107
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default You new in town pardna?

He's been given every bit of social advice possible for the last 4 years or so. You're pyssin' in the wind on this one bro.

Look up Narcissistic Personality Disorder and get back to us.

We've all tried to befriend him at one time or another and he gets along fine until you disagree with him. Then it's Dummies and link posting mania.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:15 AM   #108
nbyers
Registered Member

Default How come it takes a Buell?

Yeah, the MOfos are a bunch of pretty smart people, and opinionated, too. Posts will fall like a hard Midwest rain on just about any topic....

It's fascinating to watch the Japanese refine their machinery, especially the supersport stuff. Each increment is small but definite. Ride a 2003 and a 2004 GSXR 600 back to back; not much different. Ride a 1998 GSXR and a 2004 GSXR back to back. A world of difference: The new bike is lighter, stronger, more controllable, faster.

But the innovations in motorcycling seem to be the province of little companies. Buell's XB series is so steeped in new-think that it almost hurts the eye to look at them.

And I agree with you that it's brilliant. The XB line reflects tremendous engineering creativity that didn't just land on the floor of a show but was followed through to the marketplace.

I can't help but think that if Honda was building XB's, they'd have them refined into landmark motorcycles.

BMW has the telelever and paralever, and now electronically adjustable suspension.

Bimota's latest has no fork.

Maybe the big four oughta have skunk works divisions sorta like Buell is at Harley. Then you'd see more out of the box creativity from them!
Old 11-22-2004, 05:22 AM   #109
MikeH
Founding Member

How about a nice DP Buell, a la: Triumph Tiger, Cagiva Elefant, BMW GS 1150, etc?
Closed Thread