Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 06:55 PM   #93
jeffreyc
Registered Member

Default Re: A Buell Cruiser? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way.

I would prefer to see Buell build a motor for their sport chasis. They have made a name, now it is time to build 100% of the bike.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:04 PM   #94
sfarson
Registered Member

Default Re: I have heard...

EB is clear concerning his passion for air-cooled simplicity. Enough so, Buell has invested much so the air-cooled engine will meet EPA standards. Read his words and he's quite negative about water-cooled and why it isn't for Buell or needed. Good marketing would have left the water-cooled negatives untouched/unmentioned, singing only air-cooled praises.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:31 PM   #95
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: pathetic

good one
Old 11-21-2004, 08:38 PM   #96
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Predictions from the Great One

Karl Rove sez: Keep on posting, Kpunk! The smug condesension from well-known retards keeps 'em voting for m'boys!
Old 11-22-2004, 02:19 AM   #97
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Predictions from the Great One

If you really want to make him nuts just ignore him.

You're one step away from membership in the GPTB. Put your pledge pin on.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:24 AM   #98
SRMark
Founding Member

Leave custom building to the moron family in Orange County. How's 'bout putting a KTM motor in a Buell. I have to admit that the Buell line is a wee bit better looking than the folded paper designs of Ktoom (but not much). I still think both companies could stand to gaze at a few MV Agustas. The Sportster motor needs to be allowed to die a dignified death. It's like forcing Jim Brown to put on a set of pads. He might gain a few yards but it sure would be sad to watch.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:59 AM   #99
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default nbyers, No offense taken:

While my Lead was brief, and glib, I had a number of questions in mind when I wrote it.

From my short time here, I was pretty sure the posts would pretty much cover everything I was wondering about, and then some; and, Whadday know, I was right.

From my point of view, Erik Buell's frame is damn near a work of GENIUS, and that's not a word I ever use lightly. I thought there were any number of applications the frame could be used for, other than a sportbike; if that is what the Buell is.

Whether you call it a Harley, or a Buell, I really think, whatever you use that frame on, would end up being pretty cool.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:23 AM   #100
jungkvist
Founding Member

Personally, I think the XBs look awesome. Not enough Rake, for my taste (too twitchy) but, I like the minimalist look.

Far as the engine goes....YEAOW! That's a question loaded with TNT. I'd say, scrapt it; but, others would say, Never!

Ya gotta admit, though, love it or hate it, the Buell sure gets everybody's attention, around here.