Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 09-13-2004, 12:12 PM   #41
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: One Year / 12,831 Miles on a 2004 Buell XB12s

What the holy bifflesticks is this...Kooks personal forum? Geeze - enough already!

I tried on a Buell for size at the bike show in Jan...fit me a heck of a lot better than most sport bikes. Like the author, I'm a sizable fellow.

This is great stuff! Best of luck to bgrummett and to Buell! Hot stuff!

maladg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2004, 12:15 PM   #42
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: Services

That was just for the maintenance agreement.

The basic warrenty that came with the bike from Buell was for 2 years unlimited mileage.

Forgot what I paid for an extra 5 years beyond that. I think it was like $750 or so.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:43 PM   #43
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Nice work

Here, here! Well said.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:36 PM   #45
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: I probably have a bad attitude.....

well, i rode a shed load of 4-cyls., until it became hard to tell one from another. maybe why i like the buells so much. XB's to me are among the very coolest bikes in the world. I truly don't see how the mags overlook them when it comes to innovative design, etc. Well, i see how motorcyclist overlooks them. E. Buell wants boehm's head, so no chance of the Right Thing happening in that atmosphere of mutual personal animosity.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:12 PM   #48
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I would love to see a one year report on a ZRX

That's not likely to happen till he actually buys a bike and rides it for a year.

Great artical gbrum, owners reviews like this from people who actually ride their bikes over a longer term are worth their weight in gold.

Yours is interesting because I like the Buell and I'm about the same size as you so your mention of how small the bike feels is key.

I guess you were to polite to mention all the parts that fell off and oil leaks/smoke/engine-falling-out-of-frame episodes you had, Buells do that ya' know
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:23 PM   #49
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Multi-Line Pump

In this area 76 sells the highest octane pump gas I believe. You might check there.

My bike seems to run on any ol' swill I pour in there, but I stick to 89 for GP's
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:35 PM   #50
bowtydaddy
Registered Member

Default Re: Nothing suprises me

Sold my M-2 a few years back, I've gone through a GSXR-750, a 1200 naked Bandit and a Honda Superhawk. I now find myself looking for another Cyclone, as no other bike I've ever ridden has the "feel" of the Buell. The in-line 4 is "kitchen appliance like" in comparison. Of course you have to deal with the vibration issue and stuff falling off, but hey, It's a motorcycle. Ride on.