Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 09-14-2004, 01:53 PM   #122
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: twins are in

Yeah, but FHM didn't pick his twin. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #123
Nplateau
Founding Member

Oh Sean, my good bud, you asked for it.

I haven't seen you ride into work. Not on a bike (or should I be more specific and say motorcycle) you own.

Whatever you can tell me about bikes you have owned, I can only take with a grain of salt . I'll believe it when I see it. I for one, if I had ever owned a CBR600F4i, even though I've only ridden one a couple of times myself, would still have enough sense not to go racing full tilt on worn out tires. Oh remind me, great owner of vast numbers of motorcycles, how did that turn out for you?

Look, I really don't care. I know your deal, and I don't mean to be an arsehole. I just figured that if you were going to try your hand at comedy at my expense, I would be amiss if I didn't give back as good as you gave. Big leaguer.

And I didn't mean to imply the bikes chosen by FHM are bad in any way, or that those twins in anyway, whatsoever, are anything less than cool in someone else's book. But not a single one of those bikes (save possibly the CityX), regardless of how they may totally outperform me, would make my list of "cool wheels" that I would publish as such in a magazine. Not even the Duc. Someone beat that thing with a generic stick.

And lastly Sean, let's be a little bit more specific. Unlike the other motorcycles listed by FHM, my bike is a parrallel twin. I think most riders who are so experienced would point out the difference.

Wink. Wink. Konichiwa beeotch.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:17 PM   #124
Nplateau
Founding Member

Yet find a Kawasaki rep and ask him about the Ninja 250. The one I spoke to at Kawi headquarters in Irvine told me they [i]sell every one they make[i] and can't keep them in stock.

If you noticed, I referred to FHM basing there evaluations on [i]pose[i] value. Consider the average male, non-motorcyclist, who reads FHM. What bikes did they put in there? All bikes with high pose value attractive to the average, mob-mentalitied, corporatized, conspicuosly-consumping, male-sheep. Harley and Ducati, hold incredible pose value in name alone, the others are cruisers whichl harken to the outlaw-conformist yuppie lawyer, a scooter for the metrosexual urbanite, and the Buell, which is damn cool. The jab was meant at FHM not at the bikes.

I like twins. I love my parrallel twin.

Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:19 PM   #125
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: You'll drive yourself crazy

Get a load of the idiot. Who cares what a magazine says is the Ninja's 0-60 time? Kook would be lucky to come in under 6 secs.

He's too busy talking to demons to actually coordinate a clutch, gear shift and throttle effectively.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:41 PM   #128
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: You'll drive yourself crazy

I'm trying to go easy on him because he's been on his best behavior lately. However, he's starting to reply to himself and post the same thing in multiple spots.

On the bright side, at least it's motorcycle related!

Would Michael Moore be faster on a ZX6 or a Buell?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:00 PM   #129
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Thanks for the honest rider's log. A few editorial comments...

You state that after reducing the oil level the bike seemed even quicker, but say that the 3rd gear 60mph-80mph roll-on time is 2.5 seconds, which is a half second slower than the 2 seconds stated earlier.

You also state that the torque before and after race kit is 72 FT-LBs and at the same engine speed (rpm), but the factory dyno chart to which you refer shows stock torque of about 77 FT-LBs at 6,200 rpm while the race kit torque of 82 FT-LBs hits at 5,400 rpm.

The race kit certainly made a huge difference yielding an additional 10 rwhp through a significant portion of the upper mid portion of the rev range.

I want an XB12R!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 03:04 PM   #130
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: One Year / 12,831 Miles on a 2004 Buell XB12s

Nice job, GB. As you know, I'm a fan of the XB12. Good to hear it's holding up its end of the bargain.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote