Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 05-21-2004, 01:33 PM   #11
ewok1
Founding Member

Default ahh the 600rr

why do you think honda had to create a class to run it in? ask rc211 pilots how the pro link suspension is working for them.

its not that its a bad bike tho. it's just not what it should be.

does anyone doubt honda could build the fastest, best handling 600 on the planet? i don't. why don't they?

mebbe the buying public doesn't demand it.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2004, 01:36 PM   #12
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: ahh the 600rr

that's the stupidest thing i've heard all day and my business is Stupid. why didn't they build it then? cause they ****ed up that's why. U think big corporations never screw things up? witness Iraq...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:44 PM   #13
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default It ain't just the 600RR

In general, Honda sportbikes seem to have a tendency to run hot. The CBR600F4i and the VFR800 also expel a lot of heat, enough to slow roast thighs, calves and ankles if you're not wearing leathers and boots. Why is that? Why do Hondas of all bikes run so hot and why do Hondas usually get the worst mileage? I'm sure JB in all his infinite wisdom has the answer? No? What about Kpaul the Prophet? How about SeanA our resident racer and stalwart leader? Maybe in the hopefully upcoming 600s comparo you can delve into Hondas heat and thirst issues a bit. Need anyone to hold the stopwatch?
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:47 PM   #14
ValkBandit
Registered Member

as long as we're insulting each other ...

burns, you ripple-swilling cretin.

corporations didn't f(*k up in iraq. they make money no matter how many people die. in fact they're prolly hoping that the mid-eastern cluster-f(* drags on for 10 more years.

george "mini-me" bush f(*ked up because he's gonna be voted out. and good riddance to bad rubbish, if you ask me.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:50 PM   #15
ewok1
Founding Member

happy to provide you with a new benchmark for the day's festivities.

i concede your point about big companies making mistakes, but i don't think the 600rr is the way it is because honda ****ed up. i believe honda thinks buyers are stupid.

perhaps i've proven your point.

funny you'd mention iraq. do you think halliburton thinks the bush administration ****ed up?

Old 05-21-2004, 01:52 PM   #16
johnnyb
Founding Member

actually i was speaking of us govt. as a corporation. U.S. LLC., G. Bush CEO (you dildo-riding somnambulistic esophageal semen bank). Read something about how Halliburton is not exactly making out like a bandit due to major cost overruns and nature of doing business in a place where everyone wants to kill you. I worked for Boehm, i know how tough that can be.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:56 PM   #17
johnnyb
Founding Member

Honda ****ed up. They know magazine comparoes sell bikes and specs matter and they have known it forever. And they also know SS racing is critical to sales and that 20 pounds is a major albatross around the neck when it comes to racing. Major blunder. I bet people have been demoted never to bob to surface again...
Old 05-21-2004, 01:57 PM   #18
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: $20 says...

Wow johnnyb, like taking candy from a baby!

You are on, but how do I collect? Scrow account # please.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:09 PM   #19
nweaver
Founding Member

Default So let me get it straight...

It is a 750cc ducati with a stock throttle body, fuel tank, and stock airbox (and 600ss bikes with the same restrictions) vs a bored & stroked out to 1350cc, effectively unlimited modification Buell?

Frankly, if thats what it takes to make it a close race for the Buell, that just SUCKS. Kill that drivetrain, put a stake in it, and bury it at the crossroads.

You write the rules to give Buell every advantage in the book and they still lose? HA

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #20
ewok1
Founding Member

i would happily defer to you because you know the industry. i don't. as you aptly observed, i can barely find my ass with either hand.

but, and you knew there was a but, they did the same thing with the 1000rr a year later.

i agree specs and ss racing results should be very important to the consumer.

same thing with litre bikes in superstock.

it also costs lots of money to make a bike weigh less.

i believe this is the honda approach. they use their nearly infinite recources to build bikes no one can actually buy. then they fool the public in to buying bikes that look like them.

that was my initial point.

it's my understanding that honda lobbied hard for fx because they knew before they released it that the 600rr would not be competitve in supersport. i think honda values race wins in irrelevant classes over spec sheets and comparoes.

and all the people said....