Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 05-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #31
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: BUELLS NOT BAD EH?

I don't like Buells, or how they work. But you don't have to look at one twice to tell what it is. I think they look cool. If it said Bimota on the tank, people would drool. I know there is some reason, but why not throw a vrod motor in the bike?

For the street, I think the xb9 i tried worked ok, just not great. And yeah i might buy one over a 600 supersport just because you don't have to shift as much. but ya know there are some other litre twins that work a little better.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2004, 02:47 PM   #32
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default I just destroyed a guy on a Buell...

up and down some twisties (and I'm not even that skilled of a motorcyclist). When he finally caught up, he was like, "Dude, you ride a Japanese 600 supersport, you should beat me!" My reply was something to the extent of "Uh, no. I ride a Japanese bike, but it's only a 250."

Ninja 250s rule.

Of course, let it be stated that the Ninja 250 is not necessarily a better bike. Let it also be stated that had I a different bike, say like Buell, I may not have faired as well. Here's the thing, I know my bike pretty well. I know how to get the most out of her. I also knew the road better than the other guy, who, given his mistaking my little betty for a larger bike exposed himself as brand new to motorcycles and motorcycling.

I believe that skill and road knowledge ultimately trump whatever bike. I think the Buell is actually a dandy of a ride, and if the guy whose arse I kicked, plays it smart, takes his time, and learns, he will come back in a couple of months to kick my butt up and down the road.

God I love motorcycling!
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #33
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: I just destroyed a guy on a Buell...

that heavily medicated, you must love Everything! U tried the Paxil?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:31 PM   #34
johnnyb
Founding Member

C'mon, i'm just teasing. if you're happy on your girl's bike that's all that matters. Ha ha, I am going home now we'll talk tomorrow.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 04:13 PM   #35
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Re: wrong again...

Ah well, I guess its worse than I thought...

"C. 850cc-1350cc air-cooled four-stroke twins are permitted with unlimited modifications (only applicable eligibility requirements, homologation and general equipment standards apply)."

So no exhaust restrictons (thus the super noise), undoubtedly bored & stroked out to 1350cc, completely new throttle bodies, with the best rider HD can get, on a track which plays to the Buell's strengths, turning in 8th against a bunch of 600cc I4s, with stock throttle bodies and significantly more technical restrictions and undobutedly significantly less factory support.

It sounds like these rules were taylor-written so Buell might even have a ghost of a chance against the 600s.

Heck, the Buells probably couldn't even complete the race if they had to stick to the stock gas tank like the 600s do...
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 04:14 PM   #36
OldFZ
Founding Member

I bought an XB12S last week and I've started it six or seven times with no problems! Am I pushing my luck?
OldFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 04:57 PM   #37
v4bryan
Registered Member

Oh c'mon, JB...it's not like Harley is putting all that much cash into their Superbike effort. Oh, wait a minute...

I would *seriously* like to see what a Buell could do with some real financial backing and a decent motor (...and an easier clutch pull).

Bryan...maybe one day...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 05:04 PM   #38
v4bryan
Registered Member

sounds that way...do you have roadside assistance ?

Bryan...I'm married but can't call her for a lift...
Old 05-03-2004, 05:15 PM   #39
v4bryan
Registered Member

What are you riding these days, John? Is the Jagrolet hale and whole, or are you munching miles on two wheels these days?

Bryan...so slow it doesn't matter what I'm riding...
Old 05-03-2004, 06:33 PM   #40
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default New 2004 XB12's are $8,995 amd XB9's are $6,995

Here in Chandler Arizona at Chandler H-D Buell New 2004 XB12's are $8,995 amd XB9's are $6,995
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote