Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 05-06-2004, 12:40 PM   #161
Hector1
Founding Member

Default Re: Buells still suck

I couldn't agree more. They are horrible street bikes and did I mention how slow they are.

They only reason why they finished as high as 8 th is because no one really cares about Formula Extreme. Why don't they give it a go in the Supersport class?
Hector1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2004, 12:49 PM   #162
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Buells still suck

y don't you bore a hole in yourself and let the sap drain out?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:58 PM   #163
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: BUELLS NOT BAD EH?

Okay, controversy has moved me to take a radical step. I'm going to Florida with a friend at the end of the month to visit my brother and ride from Ft. Lauderdale down to the keys. Since I don't have the fortitude, nuts, or cartilage anymore to ride from NY all the way down, we're renting bikes in Florida. I had a V-Rod all picked out for the trip (since no one in Fl. seems to rent anything other than HDs), but this discussion has moved me, quite unwisely, to can the VRSC and book a 2004 XB12 Firebolt.

This, needless to say, will probably be at some exponentially greater physical pain and at signifiant financial loss (believe it or not I could have gotten a special 3-day rate on a V-Rod for about $100 less.) But damn, I just want to check out the little sucker. I think I got the only one for rent in south Florida.

Yes, I know that this is probably not the best proving ground for this bike. One day of local riding and two spent primarily on fairly straight roadways is not exactly where the Buell is supposed to shine. But it's better than nothing and God knows I'm tired of being one of those guys who's "never ridden one."

If the dealer actually comes through with the bike, and doesn't try to bait and switch me for a Fat Boy or sumpthin', I'll be glad to post my humble and most likely uninsightful opinions here. That is, if anyone cares to read them.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #164
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Let's find out how slow they are

Hector why don't you bring whatever bike you want and my friend and I will bring our new 2004 XB12 Buells, meet you out at Canyon lake Rt 88 to Tortilla Flats here in AZ. We will see how horrible and slow these bikes are. Just a feeling that you will be left in the dust!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:10 PM   #165
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Tsk tsk tsk

How dare you! Where did you learn to evaluate motorcycles? You're supposed to read all the magazines and listen to all the opinions of people who once knew a guy whose brother's girlfriend's uncle owned a Buell. Then you get out your calculator and a pencil and a piece of paper and, using your incredible genius, calculate how fast Buells are.

Actually there's a simpler way to settle the question. Just have all these supposed experts show up at, say, Fontana on their rides and have them race Burnsie on a Buell.

See who wins. That should do it.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #166
johnnyb
Founding Member

a Lightning would be excellent for that road, firebolt not so much... watch out for the cops.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:44 PM   #167
nbyers
Founding Member

Default KPaul, you can test ride

one at Downtown Harley Davidson (located in Tukwila, oddly enough). I rode both the S and R models last year. Cool bikes. Different. As an engineer, you gotta respect all the new think.

The sales staff is a little disinterested in Buells, but they are quite happy to let you ride one for a while.

Did I buy one? Well, no, I didn't. I followed the lemmings to my nearest Yamaha dealer and bought a leftover '02 R1. What a weenie, eh?
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #168
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Flight to India

Don't forget when Homer and Apu flew to India to speak with the head of Quickimart.

They flew All India Airways

Motto: We treat you like cattle.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:14 PM   #169
bigj_1
Founding Member

How about a link that works?
Old 05-06-2004, 04:37 PM   #170
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default More ZRX_Bullshyt

ZRX_Bullshyt has nothing to say, but repeats the same stupid post he made a long time ago. Is that the only one that was grammar and spell checked for you? We could look at your last ten posts, but it might be too painful to rehash stupid shyt like that. We can just let them be. I guess you came here to show everyone what you know. You have KPaul's attention, because he's as stupid as you are. I learn more from Buz, Sarnali, Seruzawa, et.al. than I would learn from you in a thousand years. I wrote articles for MO, and post news here. What do you contribute? Simply put, you are a left out loser that want's to join but cannot. You have nothing to say.

I'll leave you with a post from Blitz below:

"Yeah, you're harsh. The 7 you list represent 99.9% of the reason I subscribe and follow these postings. These "dwarfs" get it. You, unfortunately, do not."