Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Buell News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/)
-   -   BUELLS NOT BAD EH? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/2385-buells-not-bad-eh.html)

seruzawa 05-04-2004 02:27 PM

Re: Look who's grumpy.

What does that mean?

seruzawa 05-04-2004 02:31 PM

Re: Wrong again (analogy) seruzawacko

I wasn't talking to you shytferbrains.

Coming on the Alaska trip? Please?

Jexter 05-04-2004 03:38 PM

These posts were sponsored in part by...

Buell. "The most powerful thing on two wheels."

[based on crank horsepower of all buells in its class]

Neal 05-04-2004 03:39 PM

Re: Well, I did...

No doubt in my mind the Tuono is a better bike (Ive never ridden one),but that doesnt make the Buell a POS. I have no problem with people who ride Buells and decide to buy something else. but i do have problems with dismissing them with insulting comments.Buell makes a nice bike...if it aint your cuop of tea(it aint mine),dont buy one

Neal 05-04-2004 03:44 PM

Re: It's not the HP that matters its the usability

Thats nweaver's opinion and he has every right to xpress it seeing how he's ridden one.I found the power band very useable in real world conditions and the trans was fine. Have you ridden one? try one and let us know what YOU think....dont waste our time by repeating someone else's post....I already read it.

gbrummett 05-04-2004 03:45 PM

Re: It's not the HP that matters its the usability

Actually the useable range is from 1.5 k to redline and the really good power on my XB12S with race kit is from 4 k to 7k

nweaver 05-04-2004 03:59 PM

The engine is...

The engine really IS a Pice of ***** by modern standards:

Between the overweight nature, the split-crankcase construction, the separate engine and transmission, the horribly narrow rev-range, the clunky 5 speed molassis-transmission, and the problem-inducing vibrations, the engine should be retired from service.

12er 05-04-2004 04:05 PM

Re: I just destroyed a guy on a Buell...

I finally found a replacement to my beloved ex KLR. Test rode the KTM 950 Adventure on saturday, I'm in lust... What a mighty fine motor and soundtrack.

Sean, you mentioned having or getting the new 1200 gs, anyway to convince KTM on letting you have a loaner 950?

longride 05-04-2004 04:06 PM

I'll repeat myself too

Just in case you didn't get it the first time, you couldn't outride the Buell's chassis or motor on your best day. That's a flat fact. Going on that fact, it doesn't matter how much stronger any motor is at that point, as it's over your head anyway. Kind of like being able to eat only 10 oz of steak, but ordering a 30 ouncer to leave more on the table. It looks great on the plate, but you still can't eat it all. If you didn't like the Buell fine. Nobody has a problem with that. My POINT was you couldn't reach the limit of any Buell in any way, shape or form. The rest is just bulshyt, plain and simple.

longride 05-04-2004 04:08 PM

Re: The engine is...

And a good rider on that piece of shyt will smoke your ass on a Tuono like you are standing still.