Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 05-04-2004, 10:51 AM   #101
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: Not a good sign for Buell

Not a good thing for them, but was sure nice for us.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2004, 11:17 AM   #102
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Look who's grumpy.

Grumpy? Who's grumpy? It's you and yer I-4 bigot buddies who are whining and complaining and haven't been happy about anything on this entire thread. "The motor's too old". "It feels weird." "It hasn't got 1 million HP".

Yadda yadda yadda. Complain complain complain.

Call back when you place 8th. Jeeez.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:21 AM   #103
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: BUELLS NOT BAD EH?

You misunderstand. I like Buells. I think that their progressive design is extremely interesting, and they are good for motorcycling. I was not trying to denigrate the achievements of their racers over the weekend. I wouldn't mind owning one - except that their engine selection doesn't make sense to me. I would like to see the Buell succeed completely, not because an engine formula lets them have 2x the displacement of their competition; to do so - Buell needs a change in engine philosophy.

If you were spec'ing an engine, you would probably not start with the Sporty's motor. It's a matter of thermodynamic efficiency; physics, not some crazy anti-Harley emotional sentiment, drive my view in this matter.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:25 AM   #104
nokneedragin
Founding Member

99% of the people posting here can't use 100% of the capability of a toaster oven.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:51 AM   #105
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Grumpy old men, and Chicago doesn't have any twisties.

Kpaul, you do realize that Chicago gets just as much rainfall per year as Seattle, don't you? They both average about 35 inches per year.

Also, if you ride 150 miles of twisties every weekend without ever revving your motor past 9 grand, I'll bet you a year's MO subscription I could smoke you on my Venture because you're obviously just putting along at 40mph in top gear. And I could do it without revving past 6 grand, 'cause that's my redline.

Come on down here and ride the roads in Malibu, Idyllwild, or Mount Palomar sometime. Don't be shocked if you see a large black and chrome blur shoot past you and shower you with sparks from the grinding floorboards.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:56 AM   #106
ewok1
Founding Member

Default does pacific raceway qualify as a freeway these days?

i am not sure what freeway you're talking about, but i was amused that the portion of 18 you show goes past pacific raceways, which definitely has a few turns. i had no idea you were a washingtonian. wmrra races this weekend. look for the duc flambe no. 944 if you happen to be out there on sunday. stop in and declare yourself.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:15 PM   #108
seruzawa
The Toad

All true. But, as an analogy, on the other hand flying with my wife's cousin in his old restored highwinged radial engine-powered 30's crop duster is one heckuvalot more fun than than flying in a Jumbo Jet.

In any case no one is getting anything like even 80% out of their sportbikes just riding around the public roads. I know this because they are still alive and posting.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:19 PM   #110
sarnali
Founding Member

The blue and white ones looked pretty cool.

I lusted after a CB200 twin as a kid.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote