Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Buell News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/)
-   -   BUELLS NOT BAD EH? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/buell-news/2385-buells-not-bad-eh.html)

sarnali 05-04-2004 09:31 AM

Re: Don't Californicate Washington state Sean

They smell weird and talk funny too, and they wear coats when it's 60

Some company is selling them "beachfront property" at Ocean Shores for twice what we pay. They just fail to point out the Pacific is about 35 degrees in July this far north.

gbrummett 05-04-2004 09:35 AM

Re: why are you bragging?

Because they are in the same price /weight range. The 1000cc twin ducatis are a whole lot more then $8,995.

sarnali 05-04-2004 09:38 AM

Re: BUELLS NOT BAD EH?

The XB12 Lightning is a pretty standard seating position, I've not ridden one but it seems like it'd be a pretty fun bike

seruzawa 05-04-2004 09:43 AM

You guys probably think anything with two wheels and a motor is fun.

The best thing about still owning a 1973 CB125S is that I have at least one bike that I know I can get 100% out of.

gbrummett 05-04-2004 09:49 AM

Re: why are you bragging?

Oh and I have ridden with some friends here that have 900cc and 1000cc Ducatis, and you know what? My bike is slighly faster then the 900 Monster and I stay up with the 1000 Monster, but that's not the point. The point is I'm tired of hearing all this crap quoted from magazines how this 600cc 4 has 0-60 in this time and such and such top speed. Out on the street it means nothing with 99% of the riders I ride against.

mscuddy 05-04-2004 09:57 AM

Re: When I get that feeling...

Sold Sexual Chocolate? Egads, man, what will you do for "counter rotation" gratification now..?

BTW, a boat is just a hole in the water you pour money into. Sunday, I was getting my boat, (the Mighty 21' Marlin), ready for this season. After peeking in various holes, and checking all the fluids, it started right up.

But when I put the damn thing in gear, it sounded like the lower unit was full of mice. That won't be cheap.

Time to dump it.

naco_traficante 05-04-2004 09:59 AM

Re: Love me, love my corn.

C'mon and move on out here. We have lots of ... uh ... corn, and a cute little company called B*****

Neal 05-04-2004 10:38 AM

1.You can get on a Buell for about 9 -10 bigguns. Very competitive with comparably performing Ducati models.

2.Very few of us even come close to using more than 100 hp much less 160 + 2 weeks ago i got a chance to ride a 70 plus HP Guzzi:great fun and I didnt feel horsepower limited at all......I couldnt quite keep up to my son on his gixxer 600 but probably couldnt have if I was riding a Gixxer(or anything else)

I have ridden an XB9...didnt particularly like the way it felt but it had more horsepower and capability than I could use. I accept the fact that they aint everybodies cup of tea but to completely denigrate them because of being underpowered id ridiculous. And rather than ridicule, I would expect admiration for folk who can take the "antiquated" motor and make it a competitive race bike........which i believe is the point of the original post.