Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Buell News

Old 04-12-2004, 07:01 AM   #31
F451
Founding Member

Default First, Join a Buell Owners Group

Before making a decision have your wife join (membership is free) one or all of these groups:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Buell-XB/

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Buell/

Have her state all her concerns, likes and dislikes; ask about problems. She'll probably find other female riders in the groups as well. Ask whether there are good mechanics and Buell shops in your area. Then make your determination. Buell and H-D have been on a major quality-control emphasis since 2000 and it is starting to show. I would have no problem owning a Buell.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2004, 07:01 AM   #32
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: She's look incredibly cute on a Monster

Ok I'm officially jealous. The Italians do make beautiful looking machinery. Ferrari did help with the engine development. Now that you are over 40 putting on that much needed extra weight will be much easier. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:04 AM   #33
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: She's look incredibly cute on a Monster

Since all the Harley haters repeat the "Porsche made it for 'em" mantra about the VRod can we similarly accuse MV Agusta of not being able to "build a motor."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:44 AM   #34
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Long term reliability of Buell lightning?

I believe the stock Breva seat is 31" but I think a 28" seat is available. I'd take the Breva too, even over the sv650. Won't see one on every corner, shaft drive, Italian and probably reliable. But I'd go for the new Sportster if I had to buy Harley. Too many of my friends have had trouble with Buell. One of my co-workers rides a Blast and has had no trouble with it though. But then I don't see how that bike could make enough power to hurt itself.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:27 AM   #36
bbtowns
Founding Member

Default Re: Good site thanks has an interesting poll

Am I reading this correctly? Of 14 resondents, 1 had a drive belt failure, of 13 respondents 2 had a serious transmission problem, or 13 respondents 3 had an oil leak? I've never seen complaint rates that high before in other groups polls.

I know the unhappy tend to respond to the polls more than the happy, but still those are very high rates. Sounds like my 2001 Harley, where my dealer and I were never able to stop a small oil leak (other than selling the bike).

Bryan

"bbtowns"
Old 04-12-2004, 08:36 AM   #37
pvanemme
Founding Member

Default Re: Long term reliability of Buell lightning?

Had a 99 Lightning. No problems. New ones have a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty.
pvanemme is offline   Reply With Quote